BASS BARN banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just placed my order for these monsters. First time I have ever seen a Spro style jig head this large! With or without a stinger hook. Even have a choice on the hook size. :thumbsup:

I ordered suoer glow & pink/super glow for the shop already. Any other colors you may want to see? Will have them later this week in the shop.

The pic is from a cell phone, but you can see the size comparison with a Blackberry Phone next to them. :eek:

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Just placed my order for these monsters. First time I have ever seen a Spro style jig head this large! With or without a stinger hook. Even have a choice on the hook size. :thumbsup:

I ordered suoer glow & pink/super glow for the shop already. Any other colors you may want to see? Will have them later this week in the shop.

The pic is from a cell phone, but you can see the size comparison with a Blackberry Phone next to them. :eek:
Tom where did you get such a small cell phone. lol..

They look sweet.

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
Plan on getting back out to Sitka (Alaska) to slay a mess of halibut and salmon this coming summer....these jigs with a glow curly tail should work wonders on them, not to mention the 45# ling cod, 25# rock cod, and host of other good eats we typically encounter in the pacific northwest.

How much??

Tight Lines,

Frank

PS not that it means everything but my blackberry is bigger than your blackberry...lol.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Gladiator my father went to alaska this past summer and fished for halibut with the 16oz spro style he did great fish up to 70 pounds . The one thing he did say was he wished he had bigger sizes the current started ripping the third day. The captain asked him if he would sell the jigs he brought with him He had so much fun he just gave the captain 3 16oz jigs !!!!!!! Alaska is definatly on my to do list!!!

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have to take a look at the pricing. We sold alot of 16oz jigs this summer, I know I ordered 20oz - 24oz - 32oz this time. The Spro style heads have always seemed to cut the water very well, requiring less weight, than ball jigs and bank sinkers. On a tile trip this year, we used this Jig in a 16oz size while others were using 32oz bank sinkers and ball jigs.

I will post the prices later, when I get to the sheets. Its not the old $1-an ounce pricing like we often see, I can promise that much! :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
I've never tilefished before, but 32oz dropped on ones head must be like mike tyson punching a 5yr old in the face.lol look just like a spro.
Nah, I think a 40-60 lb. tilefish can take a little 2 lb. knock on the noggin. Right before it engulfs it and puts a hurtin' on the angler that has to reel it 500 feet to the surface :eek:

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looks like- 20oz-$15.85 / 24oz-$17.85 / 32oz-$20.95 All of these are including super glow. For example, pink would be a pink back with a super glow belly. There is a very big difference in super glow and just plain old glow. It charges faster, holds longer and its much brighter as proved in testing. ( you can find more info on google I am sure. I tested it by turning the lights out and its a hell of alot brighter. Not many use it because of the cost)

I will have some basic colors in stock within a week. Pink, glow, chart,.....I can take special color orders, just need a week to complete them.

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
Put me down for 2 / 24 oz and 3 / 32 oz with all being glo.....I will try to stop by the shop b/w 13th - 17th when I am up from Miami:cool:

Tight Lines,

Frank

looks like- 20oz-$15.85 / 24oz-$17.85 / 32oz-$20.95 All of these are including super glow. For example, pink would be a pink back with a super glow belly. There is a very big difference in super glow and just plain old glow. It charges faster, holds longer and its much brighter as proved in testing. ( you can find more info on google I am sure. I tested it by turning the lights out and its a hell of alot brighter. Not many use it because of the cost)

I will have some basic colors in stock within a week. Pink, glow, chart,.....I can take special color orders, just need a week to complete them.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Whenever I use a glow bait I catch dogfish :D.

Thay look nice.
Whenever I fish I catch dogfish:D

Tom they look sick... when is the next time you will be in the shop I wanna see those blanks.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Whenever I fish I catch dogfish:D

Tom they look sick... when is the next time you will be in the shop I wanna see those blanks.
Be there all weekend in the morning. Saturday I have to be out by 1130am. Sunday by 1pm. Should be there both days by 5am.

holy crap at that price better make sure there are no bluefish around:D
I know your not bitching completely about it. But I want to address it anyway, because it is a unique jig & size. To be honest, the prices are very fair considering the custom molds, amount of lead used and the Super Glow Paint, compared to regular glow paint.

I see retailers selling 32oz bank sinkers for $14. In fact....WALMART sells a 32oz Cannon Ball SINKER ( not a jig, just a sinker) for $23.95 :eek:

Maybe I should raise these prices....hmmmmm.. :D

They are up online for purchase, but we will not be shipping any of them until early next week. I hope Monday or Tuesday. I am also updating the "New" section of our online store to reflect newest items. Some need to be removed, so check back later this weekend for updated products we are just getting in now.

Link to new jigs 32ozs.
http://www.shop.jerseytackle.com/OMT-Jumbo-Jigs-OMTJumboJigs.htm

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tom whats your opinion on trolling them for bass or maybe some offshore stuff. The larger ones 16oz to 32oz. Maybe add a large shad body or grub tail to it.:huh:
Tony "Maja" promotes the Mojo Rig using a large bucktail as a weight for trolling spoons. He and others, ( myself included) have caught many fish on the bucktail rather than the spoon, many times.

My thoughts are it would work without a doubt. We sell to a few charter guys up in the Great Lakes and they have used the 16oz models to troll up there with great results. The Spro ( Guppy) style head cuts the water well and it does have some action because of the design. I have trolled Ball Jigs and had bass hit them, so this style will only improve the action and look. The guppy head will wobble and dip naturally because of the design, so trolling them will work.

IMHO a grub tail would work best, but I have never tried a shad on one. The shad just may work well too, I don't see why not? :huh:

My venture into these larger jigs has been a few years in the making. I don't like huge hooks when I am looking for smaller fish. I wanted something bigger than 8ozs and nobody made them. I came upon this company and they had the same mentality that I did.....they woudl try anything if it sounded like it would work better. Since then, we have come across some good stuff by mistake and spending time testing it.

If you have any ideas, let us know. We are always looking to improve.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here are some pics from Alaska using the 32oz Jigs we have been talking about! They have bass, grouper, tile fish, halibut and tuna under their belt so far this year!

So far, the majority of fishermen are liking the VMC 7264 Jigging Hook on Kevlar, over the fixed hook and the swivel hook versions. Trolling, jigging, it has not mattered, they are working!! ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.