BASS BARN banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went fishing with Intuition Sportfishing yesterday. Captain Blaine from the Judge joined us for a day of marlin fishing. Overall, it was a slow day we went 2 for 4 on white marlin and lots of action with small mahi. In the afternoon Blaine spotted some bird play and when we got closer we realized there was a big mako eating a freshly killed swordfish. We gaffed the sword carcass and brought on board. Tommy grabbed a shark rig and Blaine cut a big hunk a sword a threw it to the shark. It spun and took the bait. He hooked the fish and the fight was on. We had the young gun of the crew, Justin Lewis take over the rod, he did an awesome job.(His biggest fight, by far!!) Since we have been primarily marlin fishing we did not have a gun or flying gaff on the boat. So when we brought the fish boat-side the first time we sacrificed a couple of gaffs to slow the mako down. Mitch Hand on the Hand's Off transferred an extra gaff to help us out. After another 1/2 hour or so we got her boat-side again and got a tail rope on her and started towing her backwards. We put the trolling spread back out while we got the boat back in order and got ready to boat the fish. When we got back to Canyon Club Resort Marina, Paul Hoffman had the weigh station ready for us and the fish weighed in at 355lb! The biggest fish I have ever been involved in bringing home! Awesome job Team Intuition Sportfishing and Captain Blaine, thanks for having me along. Thanks to Mitch Hand, Paul Sudell, and Andy Levy on the Hand's Off for all of the help. Thanks Canyon Club and Paul for hoisting and weighing the fish.
Who say's all the marlin fishermen catch is flags!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I love the second photo with the boat in the background. I guess marlin guys don't clean fish???

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Pretty work Chuck, Blaine, and the "killereski" crew !

Great photo. Good eye Chuck ! Marlin guys are smart enough to leave the fish hanging by the cleaning table and not getting blood all over the boat again haha.
When the marlin aren't biting all other species have to pay for it !

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Awesome!!!! I love everything about those fish & when they start approaching that size, things start getting serious. WTG!

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wanted to share some awesome fish prints done by artist Chris Boyd of In Depth Fish Prints. These are prints of the 355lb Mako's tail caught by Intuition Sportfishing. Having fish prints of a special catch is a great way to save a memory. Each print is a unique to the fish. Off The Hook Bait and Tackle is the Cape May representative of In Depth Fish Prints. Stop by and check out some of the beautiful prints or contact us if you need a contact us if you need custom print of your catch!!

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Great job guys, way to jump on the opportunity and put him in the boat. Congrats.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts