BASS BARN banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have fished the 36 many times-buddy owns an '08 and the boat is awesome. Extremely comfortable and well though out. Excellent fishability. The ride is excellent and dry, both my friend (who now owns the Albe 36) and I owned several Blackfins which are the driest/best riding boats in that size range of any so the frame of reference is solid. The boat is very well laid out for comfort AND fishing and the quality is what you would expect from a high end manufacturer. Albe has provided excellent product support as well.

Best of luck...

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
For the money IMHO the boat is overpriced. Now unless you are talking about a used one with a good deal. For the knid of money you might as well buy the 41 a get a whole lot more boat. They are going to burn the relatively the same fuel. BUt the boats are night n day.The 36 isn't going to riide much better than your 32. You are going to burn way more fuel than your 32. The 36 will not roll as much which is a plus but there seem to be so many more reasons to go to 41 than the 36. If you are buying used there are so many 41 avaiable I bet you can get an awsome deal. I think South Jersey has a few for sale. Plus your 32 is a big 32 boat. It really will do anything you ask so why spend the dough! if you are not going to get a whole lot of impact for your money.

Then theres these reasons which are all personal.
I did not like the layout. I do not like the high gunnels.especailly today with a high release rate you want low gunnels. also when you have hign gunnels you kids wont be able to see much. When you are only 4 feet tall all gunnels are high enough for safty. Just the real high ones make it more difficult for kids. I persoanlly don't like the lines seems a bit bulky and not sleek and lean. Looks bow heavy. Again thats why they make vannilla and chocalte. 32's are just nice boats and you really have to step up to get an impact. If you had a 28 or were coming from an outboard boat it would be difernt.

The 32 is a awsome boat. The 36 is an awsome boat. Just is it worth the extra???? And we are not talking about another 20 grand here.

Of course we all get the well its just time to change boats feeling but be careful, you may say "wow why did I spend a few extra hundred thousand?"

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you for input, warden i definetly understand your point of view. i am also looking at 38 henriques. no rush, i like my boat but exploring options to move up.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Dr.E - I have to disagree with some of what was said above. The 36 Albemarle is a VERY large 36 footer. With a beam of 14'5" she's bigger than most in this class and a full 3 1/2 feet wider than your 32. Also weighing in at 25,000 lbs. dry she's no lightweight. The 36 is an awesome rough water performer yet she is also very stable on the drift. Albemarle just completed the first IPS powered 36 and we're excited about the results so far. Feel free to contact me if you need more info or want to schedule a viewing / sea trial. You can reach me at 609-827-0820 or email me [email protected].

Cheers...

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Dr. E,
Best wishes on your search, I would speak with Brian Louge ( Stickem) , - for years - he has helped many of our Bass Barn members, with good - honest - sound advice on boats exactly as this.

36' Albe or a 38' Henriques? tough choice, - a problem I wish I had to make.:huh:

Captn Joe

·
Registered
659 Posts
Love both models you are looking at. They are slightly different though. The albies are designed with a very high deadrise, usually 24 degrees. This enables you to ride quickly through the rough stuff and knife through it. Great trolling boats for sure. The Henriques I believe is more in the area of a 14 degree deadrise and is not a knifer. It is much heavier and will literally beat through the seas. We have a Henriques, and when I say beat through the seas, I do not mean it in a bad way. They will run through some big stuff and always get you home. I am not sure of the Albies weight, but the 38 Henriques is 28,000lbs. A true tank. I believe due to the deadrise that the Henriques would be a better chunking platform and the Albie would be better for trolling. The cockpit is much larger in the Henriques, probably nearly double. If that's important to you, it should be considered. It gives great elbow room for bottom fishing.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I agree with spooled up on several points but want to clarify a few. Transom deadrise on the Albemarle 36 is 16 degrees. Weight difference between the two is about 3000 lbs which amounts to a little more than 10%. Not a huge difference. The Albemarle draws a couple inches more but is also 7" wider. Albemarle caries a little over 100 gals more fuel but likely burns a little more at cruise. Not sure on cruise speed with the Henriques but the Albemarle will cruise in the high 20's or even 30 knots depending on power. Bottom line is that these are two really great options. Everything in boating is a trade off. Look at them both hard and I'm sure you'll find one that fits your needs better than the other. Again, if I can help please don't hesitate to give me a call. I have several in the area where you can talk to the owners and I may have one coming on the market used sometime in the next few weeks. Will you be in Miami? I can arrange a sea trial at the show if you'll be there.

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Love both models you are looking at. They are slightly different though. The albies are designed with a very high deadrise, usually 24 degrees. This enables you to ride quickly through the rough stuff and knife through it. Great trolling boats for sure. The Henriques I believe is more in the area of a 14 degree deadrise and is not a knifer. It is much heavier and will literally beat through the seas. We have a Henriques, and when I say beat through the seas, I do not mean it in a bad way. They will run through some big stuff and always get you home. I am not sure of the Albies weight, but the 38 Henriques is 28,000lbs. A true tank. I believe due to the deadrise that the Henriques would be a better chunking platform and the Albie would be better for trolling. The cockpit is much larger in the Henriques, probably nearly double. If that's important to you, it should be considered. It gives great elbow room for bottom fishing.
spooled up -
are you the guy at the end of my lagoon with a 38' Henriques? That is a nice boat. You often see me at our Tiki Bar on 22 st if this is who I think it is. Captn Joe

·
Registered
334 Posts
look at a Carolina Classic 35. with the cummins its a great boat with great engines....i looked at the 38 blk fin, usually 692's which made me choose the CC 35...and so glad I did...but if your looking used...pass on the 41 and go right for the viking 43 express...now your making a difference!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tiki Bar Friends

I fish on the Amber Gail and see you at the tiki bar everytime we go out. I love how you get us juiced up.. Bait on the bottom guys... We look forward to passing your house every time we go out fishing..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.