BASS BARN banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Ive been reading about the Seakeeper for a few years. It seems amazing. On the long range trawlers - hydraulic stabilization has come a long way, but still relatively ineffective at rest or at anchor. With the seakeeper - it works as long as you have electrical power.

If the price comes down, I think it will become more and more common.

I'd love to have it on my retirement trawler......if I make it that long, and if I ever get to retire:D. Only 25 more years.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is there a uncut video to look at?
its kinda hard to tell but there was a god sea that nght and if you look at the people in the cockpit you can see that no one is grabbing on to something to regain their balance. On the drift we sat like a duck in the water. Love the Gyro. click here to see the video

·
Registered
15,264 Posts
That is amazing how stable that boat is in the video.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
its kinda hard to tell but there was a god sea that nght and if you look at the people in the cockpit you can see that no one is grabbing on to something to regain their balance. On the drift we sat like a duck in the water. Love the Gyro. click here to see the video
Great video Kobes ... what a great time we had fishing inshore for those few weeks ... the Seakeeper is awesome ... I think retail on it right now is around 89K, so I doubt we will see it in many CC ....

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
Recently spent the day on a fellow barner's 35 Scout with twin 350 four bangers day dropping for swords and was equally impressed with the stabilizaton effect of the gyro.

Agreed, if the pricing comes down, this little "extra" could be just the ticket for overnighting swordies in the gulf stream in 6' to 8's with the girls onboard.

Tight Lines,

Frank

·
Registered
12,819 Posts
saw the video-how does it work

Nothing protruding from the hull I thought the sales associate said

Laymens terms please

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Skip says he can't wait til you get it Mike:D:D:wave:

·
Registered
973 Posts
Nothing protruding from the hull I thought the sales associate said

Laymens terms please
Flywheel spinning inside the ball under vacuum at around 10,000 rpm creates huge amounts of gyroscopic inertia, and like a spinning top doesn't want to tip over. The forces generated by the flywheel are much larger and by hydraulically trying to tilt the ball, which resists the movement, the force instead is transferred to the hull, canceling the motion on the sea.

·
Registered
12,819 Posts
Thanks-amazing piece of engineering.

Looks lke you can have your cake(deepvee headsea ride) and eat it too(stability at rest)

when I hit the lottery

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
pretty soon you wont even have to reel them in. the charter will have automatic reels and all you have to do is sleep snugly in your stateroom.

the evil eye of jealousy rears its ugly head..

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
You guys catch more tuna on one trip than I do all year........WOW

1 - 19 of 19 Posts