BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SeaCaper, Newsbuoy, Margaritaville, Mark N & son Jarett and I sailed the AM trip aboard the Stalker. Quite the dock at 7 sharp and were on the hook 15 minutes later.

Skip worked every Rip furiously...water temps were 43.5-43.9 in the AM. Calm winds & seas and remarkably clear water. Consistently marking fish...fish stacked up on some Rips....and LOTS of baitfish. Water still needs to come up a degree or 2.

8 year old Jarrod showed us ALL how it's done....he got the only fish (32.5") of the AM trip.

PM trip had SeaCaper, Newsbuoy, CaptBadfinger, BBunker, Ken and I. Set sail about 1:30 PM, on the hook by 1:45 PM, back to the dock by 5:00 PM and at Menz's Happy Hour by 6:00 PM. Wind was honking, Rips were angry and the fish had hunkered down. It was brutal in the PM!!

As stated, Skip worked his arse off for his charters but water temps need to come up. Like Skip said, the fishies and the bait are there!

[ 04-02-2005, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: phillyfisherman ]

·
Registered
6,900 Posts
Nice report Fella's. did ya try slingin clamsnot at em'? Im sure skip worked his arse off for ya's! what did that fish eat?(caught on)...i assume a bucktail!

Nick

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Jim, great seeing you guys at the dock. I wish we could have gotten out there today, but it is crappy down here. Tomorrow is looking tough as well, so hopefully we'll have the AB3 prowling the Point on Monday! Give me a call if you want to get out any day soon!

[ 04-02-2005, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: TheAdamBomb ]

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nick:

We didn't toss any clam up the DB or in the backwater. Since Skip was marking a good amount of fish, we worked the Rips hard!

This baby was caught on white bucktail tipped with long strip of salted mackerel.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yo Adam, was great seeing you yesterday as well. And let me say Barners, Captain Adam and Dave were out for a cruise while we were on our way in and he blew by us doing 50 MPH!! Skip caught him on camera. Man, what a NICE ride Adam!!

Newsbuoy, SeaCaper and I were talking about doing a trip with you for the other fishie you are famous for stalking....TOG!! I've never Tog fished, so the 3 of us would like to get out with you for Tog.

Newsbuoy said over the next few weeks, the Tog bite should turn on.

Please advise on dates you might have open....thanks Adam!

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Hey Jim, thanks! I can't wait to have you aboard. I'll send you an e-mail with some dates that might be suitable. Thanks again! I can't wait to see that picture on the computer and put it on the Barn! :D

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Great effort guy's !!!!
it wont be long now ......Glad the little guy nabbed one .....

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
Slow down next time! :D Might want to ask Brian Mullaney to get that blur out for ya! He can't so that kinda of stuff! Put the other picture up too!

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Originally posted by striper2278:
Thanks for the great company guys! Sorry I couldn't do more for ya! Soon though!
Take that to the bank !!1 ;)

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Originally posted by phillyfisherman:
SeaCaper, Newsbuoy, Margaritaville, Mark N & son Jarett and I sailed the AM trip aboard the Stalker. Quite the dock at 7 sharp and were on the hook 15 minutes later.

Skip worked every Rip furiously...water temps were 43.5-43.9 in the AM. Calm winds & seas and remarkably clear water. Consistently marking fish...fish stacked up on some Rips....and LOTS of baitfish. Water still needs to come up a degree or 2.

8 year old Jarrod showed us ALL how it's done....he got the only fish (32.5") of the AM trip.

PM trip had SeaCaper, Newsbuoy, CaptBadfinger, BBunker, Ken and I. Set sail about 1:30 PM, on the hook by 1:45 PM, back to the dock by 5:00 PM and at Menz's Happy Hour by 6:00 PM. Wind was honking, Rips were angry and the fish had hunkered down. It was brutal in the PM!!

As stated, Skip worked his arse off for his charters but water temps need to come up. Like Skip said, the fishies and the bait are there!
Nice job, Jarrod, Skip and the rest of you guys. Hope you had a nice trip. Can't wait for things to start to happen.

Nice picts Adam, ready for a ride, whenever you are. See you around the marina this week.

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
Guy's,

Were gonna try and fish tomorrow...the weather in awesome for tomorrow's forecast! And the water temps looks to be up even a degree more then the other day!

We need to fill 6 spots for tomorrow 4-5!

Come and get'em!

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Thanks for the report. Glad everyone had a good time. Hopefully the temps will pull up those 2 degrees this week.

Hopefully, we will have good weather for this coming Sat. I'll be down Port Norris helping my cousin put in. Looking forward to getting a line wet that day. I'll give a shot out on the radio for fellow barners!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts