BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stomach turned when i saw that posted at a gas station this morning.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
If you think the price is high now, just wait until Corzine and his buddies add a 10-15 cent tax on top of the price!

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
A lot can happen between now and June fellas. There are a lot of big things happening in the oil trade in the coming months.

·
Registered
908 Posts
If we have a bad hurricane season in the gulf.. the sh!t will really hit the fan. That is when all bets are off, in my opinion.:(

$4.00 gas will look cheap at that point...just pray that this doesn't happen.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
1Bigtrouble said:
If we have a bad hurricane season in the gulf.. the sh!t will really hit the fan. That is when all bets are off, in my opinion.:(

Isnt that pretty much the end of the summer - Im worried about the begining.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Sean Manni said:
Isnt that pretty much the end of the summer - Im worried about the begining.

Thought huricane season was July through Nov.:confused: .. that when things heat up.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
1Bigtrouble said:

That actually would be the worst possible scenario to play out.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jay

do you have some inside info or just speculation??

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
fishy said:
do you have some inside info or just speculation??
A lot of things going on with refineries. I work as an Investment Advisor. My father has been doing it for 30+ years. He actually specializes in investing in refineries, transport, and other aspects surrounding it.

Big moves seem to be happening with a couple major USA refinery operations. However, another major cane' in the Gulf would be BAD.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
1Bigtrouble said:
Thought huricane season was July through Nov.:confused: .. that when things heat up.

True, season starts in July - but it seems it doesnt really get going with the bad ones until Sept/Oct.

But you make a good point - another bad one cant help!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jay

Thanx for the insight. Lets hope something happens, if this keeps up i see alot of boats becoming planters.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Sorry to say, but, I think this is going to effect many larger sized (42'+) charter boats most. Burning 500-700 gallons on an overnighter @ $5. p/g.. What are they going to charge? 1 grand p/p :eek: !!! I'll stick with the 28-34'ers. Regardless, were all screwed. A few more years and it will be "Lifestyles of The Rich and Famous".

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
fishy said:
My stomach turned when i saw that posted at a gas station this morning.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
When you consider that much of the stuff today comes from oil drilled from two miles under the earth's crust under 10,000 feet of water from rigs that cost $600,000 per day to rent in remote parts of the world where the companies' assets are subject to expropriation (which risk must be amortized over all the produt sold) and then shipped thousands of miles to refineries and the finished product then shipped to fuel suppliers, it is amazing the stuff is a cheap as it is. If the "price" at the pump is $4, the true price (minus the hidden taxes which most americans falsely consider part of the price) is $3.50. A gallon of spring water doesn't cost that much less.

·
Registered
648 Posts
GetReel said:
When you consider that much of the stuff today comes from oil drilled from two miles under the earth's crust under 10,000 feet of water from rigs that cost $600,000 per day to rent in remote parts of the world where the companies' assets are subject to expropriation (which risk must be amortized over all the produt sold) and then shipped thousands of miles to refineries and the finished product then shipped to fuel suppliers, it is amazing the stuff is a cheap as it is. If the "price" at the pump is $4, the true price (minus the hidden taxes which most americans falsely consider part of the price) is $3.50. A gallon of spring water doesn't cost that much less.
Wow - I think you are the first person to refer to today's oil as "cheap".

The only problem with the analogies of gas to a gallon of any other liquid, in this case water - is that I have the option to live without buying spring water. I need to fuel my vehicle. And when I choose to buy a gallon of spring water it goes A LOT further than a gallon of gasoline.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Colt Of Personality said:
Wow - I think you are the first person to refer to today's oil as "cheap".

The only problem with the analogies of gas to a gallon of any other liquid, in this case water - is that I have the option to live without buying spring water. I need to fuel my vehicle. And when I choose to buy a gallon of spring water it goes A LOT further than a gallon of gasoline.
"Cheap" and "expensive" are relative terms. What is the cost of fiinding a new barrel of oil today? How many gallons of fuel does Exxon to sell in order to recoup the value of the $ 12 billion in assets it just had expropriated in south america? I am much more enraged by the amount I have to pay for services that I "need" -- the exorbident fee my mechanic wants to fix my car or that a contractor wants to do an hours work on my house (assuming I can find one willing to return a phone call).

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Interesting concept..

I guess that Venezuela has a magical way of harvest and production with their homeland cost of way under .50 a gal. But this list is the highest producing contries across the world. There was an email circulating a while ago showing a indoor ski facility in the middle of the desert of Dubai. If you can build a enclosed ski resort in the middle of the desert you have way too much money and absolutely no money management skills. Imagine teaching a bunch of folks who grew up in the desert and never even seen snow never mind ski. I guess I have to back up a few steps and have another look. Also #2 on the list IRAQ. That really burns my a..
RankCountryBillion barrels1Saudi Arabia265.32Iraq1153Kuwait98.84Iran96.45United Arab Emirates62.86Russia54.37Venezuela47.68China30.69Libya3010Mexico26.911Nigeria24.112United States2213Algeria12.714Norway10.115Indonesia9.7

1 - 20 of 110 Posts