BASS BARN banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Left the dock just before 8am with Waltjr. Hit a couple spots usually good for this time of year but came up well short. Nothing but doggies later in the day. Water was clean and around 50 degs all day. Nasty conditions going out and coming in, but nice around noon time. Clams were bait. A great day, it felt good to get back on the bay, hopefully next weekend we will wack em good!!

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bay bee said:
Thank you for the report Steve. Those fish you're holding are missing their stripes.:D
Yep...i must have fluke on the mind!!! :D

·
Registered
19,542 Posts
Steve-o, thanks for the report. I had the same results on sat.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I've seen one breeder caught this season so far and it's in the freshwater forum (off the river) So now the question is did we miss the pre-spawn due to cold temps? Or hasn't it really started yet? I'm leaning towards we missed it due to low temps the fish weren't inclined to eat,but the spawning urge drives them to their hatcheries. At least that's what my records show(2nd week of April). But then May 5th was when the breeder weakfish used to come in too. Maybe Mom Nature's throwing us spitballs:D

·
Registered
39,870 Posts
wish2fish said:
I've seen one breeder caught this season so far and it's in the freshwater forum (off the river) So now the question is did we miss the pre-spawn due to cold temps? Or hasn't it really started yet? I'm leaning towards we missed it due to low temps the fish weren't inclined to eat,but the spawning urge drives them to their hatcheries. At least that's what my records show(2nd week of April). But then May 5th was when the breeder weakfish used to come in too. Maybe Mom Nature's throwing us spitballs:D
they are up river in deeper water...Not feeding like crazy.
I had large marks yesterday in 35-41' Nada.
Moved to 12' and caught a few. Just north of the Tacony...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
1,178 Posts
It Won't Be Long , Thanks For The Report.

·
Registered
77,376 Posts
wish2fish said:
The fish have been in the river for a couple of weeks. I’ve been to the ramp a few times and the local guys have all caught big *** breeders. The herring are thick and the shad are just showing up in Trenton. I think your right that the cooler weather slowed things down a bit.

·
Banned
95 Posts
a couple more BS posts here and they won't BAN me again when I want to buy something!!!!!

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Shame you can't just enjoy the site for why it was put here. Fishermen exchanging ideas and information. The sales forum wasn't even here a few years ago. Try it you may like it;) :)

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Hardtop said:
The fish have been in the river for a couple of weeks. I’ve been to the ramp a few times and the local guys have all caught big *** breeders. The herring are thick and the shad are just showing up in Trenton. I think your right that the cooler weather slowed things down a bit.
Thanks,you and BT have renewed my faith in my records yet again. I was second guessing them thinking yeah there's still some big girls around when I went out Friday:rolleyes: Should have gone north to ship john area.;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts