BASS BARN banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the flood through half of the outgoing this morning with my brother and nephews. Started at the Rivergate ramp and hit our favorite holes along the way to paulsboro. Nothing but 3 nice cats. Was hoping to see the kids get their first striper even if it was little :mad:. Well we tried. We fished more towards the jersey side and did not hit any water over 26 feet. Couple of real nice creek beds and holes that changed quickly from 10ft to over 20ft. Used nice fat bloods that we were thankful to find. Normally the quickie type marts have garbage.

Also saw another guy out and he reported 1 small striper, 1 cat and a perch. No other boats to be seen. So my big question is whats going on..... it's almost mid april? I have one 25 incher to show for the season so far. I was doing much better by this time last year. Hoping it starts heating up.

Oh BTW - Should we have been in deeper water and working the incline into the shipping channel?

thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
46-48. At one of the mouths of a creek it was about 49 when the water was rushing out. Thought the water would have broken 50 but no such luck.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Big D

Try fishing shallower water around the high tide. I have never fished from a boat out there, but I do well from the bank on bloods. I am only casting into water that is between 10 and 12 feet with an extended shoal that has a two foot rise. General rule is to cast to the upcurrent side. Good luck out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts