BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out on the Porgy. It was a really nice day on the water but there wasn't much of a breeze. About 15 keepers for the boat and one small but legal cod. We managed to get two for the table one of which was the pool fish. I also managed to stick 3 of the shorts with ALS tags. Would have tagged more but I really wanted to focus on the fishing part. All in all it was a nice day on the water.

Curious how everyone else made out that went out for them...only a few more days till the season ends!

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Went out on the Porgy. It was a really nice day on the water but there wasn't much of a breeze. About 15 keepers for the boat and one small but legal cod. We managed to get two for the table one of which was the pool fish. I also managed to stick 3 of the shorts with ALS tags. Would have tagged more but I really wanted to focus on the fishing part. All in all it was a nice day on the water.

Curious how everyone else made out that went out for them...only a few more days till the season ends!
good fishing with you today hopefully next week will be better, my buddies were on a charter today and did really well, I'm sure the post will be up soon

·
Registered
803 Posts
We had 14 keepers and around 35 shorts on my boat today. My two personal best fish were caught @ 9.21 and 8.45 lbs each weighed in @ off the hook. I will post pics and story/details in a bit. Great day on the water!!!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Nice steve. My buddy bought the 35 everglades we went for a final sea trial last sat. Its mean. Thanks for the help last fall

·
Registered
757 Posts
Was at cape may reef all morning great conditions but first time tog fishing out there. Have all kinds of structure marked for flounder but couldn't find any tog. Never had a bite. If we get another nice day I'm going deeper. I tried the
Jacob jones two weeks ago maybe try that again.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
good fishing with you today hopefully next week will be better, my buddies were on a charter today and did really well, I'm sure the post will be up soon
Next time I will need to bring my own rods! I am pretty sure I will be running back down to fish the porgy one last time. Let me know if you plan on going out. Right now I am leaning towards Saturday because I am not sure if I need to work Sunday as of yet.
Nice steve. My buddy bought the 35 everglades we went for a final sea trial last sat. Its mean. Thanks for the help last fall
Dave, that is awesome. Hope to see you out there this year! A go pro on the tower would make for some awesome shots when the mako show up.
We fished CMR and ended up with three keepers...
How long did you guys fish for?
Was at cape may reef all morning great conditions but first time tog fishing out there. Have all kinds of structure marked for flounder but couldn't find any tog. Never had a bite. If we get another nice day I'm going deeper. I tried the
Jacob jones two weeks ago maybe try that again.
That is way deeper. Have heard good things about that wreck! Pretty nice chunk of wreck from a 300+ foot boat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts