BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished upper bay out of DE with my son. When we got to the ramp there were 2 boats off-loading bins of very large bass. Most of the bass were still flopping around and all of them had red tags in the jaw. The guys were not very talkative but when I asked if they were by-catch from bunker netting the guy said no they were targeting bass and had the tags to fill. While we were anchored and fishing we got to watch them set the nets. They were drift gill netting with one end of the net attached to a buoy and the other end attached to the boat the boat just drifted with the net. I'm surprised that gill netting spawning bass is allowed. I know they do it in MD but I thought it wasn't legal in DE and NJ.

Any way we a great day day even though we only caught 2 fish. My son got the first one and it was a 47" spawned out cow. It really him a battle in the ripping tide. It is his biggest striper. I got a 35" an hour later that hadn't spawned yet. I've been super busy with work and this was our first time out this year. It was great to get out. The grilled striper and fresh asparagus from the garden was a great way to finish the day.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
i wish netters get the Nets out of water NO FAIR
unfair netters i hate netters they block fish from coming into our creek
NO FAIR

and nice fish there good luck next round

1 - 5 of 5 Posts