BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My first report post for the 2014 season. Hopefully, there will be many more to come.

I'm on vacation this week and my 19 year old son has Mondays off from school. We decided to do a father/son fishing trip. We left Lansdowne at 10am and took the back roads down so that we could stop at the Sugar Hill Deli to get a few awesome sandwiches. Matt got a cheese steak and I got a roast beef hoagie. Matt wolfed down the whole sandwich while I only at half of mine so that I could eat the other half on the way home. Enough of the food report, let's get to fishing.

We arrived at an inlet type area near OC. There was no one on the side of the inlet that we were at, yet there were 8-10 people wading across from us. I can only guess that someone had luck over there and word got out. The only fresh bait we could get was clam. We had four rods with us. We would each have a rod with the clam and throw small bucktails with the other. We fished the spot for a few hours with only one big hit on one of he clam rods.

We then made a move over to the new fishing pier. The water over there was very low and very brown. We threw the small bucktails without any hits.

By dinner time, we decided to pack it in and head back home. We stopped at Wawa for a couple of coffees for the drive home, and I was REALLY looking forward to eating the other half of my hoagie. I reach into the cooler, only to find that the hoagie had slipped out of the bag and was sitting in the melted ice. I was going to get another one on the way home, but the wife informed me that our finances are low until payday. Drove home starving.

I'm on vacation this week and plan on getting out a few more times. I'll post reports.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I am sorry to hear that, but that's what happens when you buy "hoagies." Had you purchased a "sub" it would never have come out of the bag and it would have been cool, dry and delicious, helping to make up for a skunked day.

I hope you will at least learn from this experience.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am sorry to hear that, but that's what happens when you buy "hoagies." Had you purchased a "sub" it would never have come out of the bag and it would have been cool, dry and delicious, helping to make up for a skunked day.

I hope you will at least learn from this experience.

At least I didn't buy a "hero".:)

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good luck....catchem up!
This weather sucks. I'm either going to have to wait until Friday or "man-up" and actually use the rain gear that I have. I finally got some good sleep last night so I might do a Wednesday night trip. I'll wait until Friday to do the kayak.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Thanks for report.
Yes the place you're talking about is now like opening day trout season.
Any fish yet FC ?
mahimahi got some:razz:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.