BASS BARN banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got down at Avalon around 12:30pm and had my lines in the water within 10mins of approaching the beach. Had 2 rods put with 7/0 and 8/0 circle hooks on a 10" leader with fish finder rig set ups. Had frozen salted clams and shucked fresh dead stanky clams. Spruced my baits with some drops of shedder oil. Fished from 12:30-6:15pm and all I caught was a big smooth dog and a skate. Not a productive day but it was nice just to be down at the surf despite the steady 10-15mph winds. Very relaxing and an enjoyable day. Saw a few osprey grabbing some nice big bunker. One thing I liked was NO horshoe crabs eating my baits like at Cape May Point last Saturday. I did notice some dolphins patrolling the just outside the breakers which might be why the bite might've been off. Threw some artificials for a while while my 2 rods soaked in the surf- no luck there either. Had the whole beach to myself. I know the upper Delaware Bay has been on fire with cow stripers but I don't feel like spending $25 for a dozen jumbo bloodworms to do elbow to elbow combat fishing from a packed shore line. I prefer to avoid crowds and amateur anglers (I know I was a newbie at one time but I learned pretty quick and I avoided crowed beaches then)

Water Sky Cloud Fluid Coastal and oceanic landforms

Water Sky Fluid Beach Fishing rod

Water Sky Cloud Fluid Beach
Water Sky Fluid Beach Fishing rod
Water Sky Cloud Fluid Coastal and oceanic landforms
Water Sky Cloud Fluid Beach

1 - 2 of 2 Posts