BASS BARN banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went out yesterday with my daughter and she showed me up again. She landed the first fish and also caught the last fish of the day. Nothing like seeing her face light up when she catches a fish.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Nice....

I can't wait to teach my daughter (4.5yrs) and son (10mos) how to fish....

I'd think trout is a great way to start off kids..

Did you have her floating some bait and watching, or actually working a spinner or jig?

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
apexii said:
I can't wait to teach my daughter (4.5yrs) and son (10mos) how to fish....

I'd think trout is a great way to start off kids..

Did you have her floating some bait and watching, or actually working a spinner or jig?
She is just using bait for now. She is 5yrs old. She started fishing with me at age 3. My oldest Daughter (9yrs) is casting a spinning reel and starting to use lures. Got'em get them out there when they are young start with the sunnies that you know they can catch a bunch of and then leave when they get bored. Both of my kids ask me to go fishing now I no longer have to ask them if they want to go.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Gboro54 said:
good pics...maybe we can add some more after next thursday, LOL
If they are as thick as they were yesterday we will have no problem. Everybody that was there caught there limit. Jeff was there again and I can't thank him enough for sharing his meal worms they were the ticket for her. The rest I caught on the sunny colored CD-5.

·
Registered
550 Posts
moparfan said:
If they are as thick as they were yesterday we will have no problem. Everybody that was there caught there limit. Jeff was there again and I can't thank him enough for sharing his meal worms they were the ticket for her. The rest I caught on the sunny colored CD-5.
I will have to pick one up...Was it a firetiger colored one?

·
Registered
963 Posts
My daughter is 8 got she is having lessons for fly fishing next week. She is crazy about fishing. I tell her we are going fishing the next day she is up at 4am ready to go. Gotta love the energy of the youth. She wakes up we get some eats and fishing as soon as the sun comes up. she and I get a nap at 12ish after getting into the fish. My GF is scared how into fishing she is. She already knows all the stages of the flies, the bonus I never pushed fishing on her. On top of that she is a goalie for street hockey and ice hockey who says you need a boy LOL

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
That's awesome guys, I can't wait!!! I will have her out catchin' sunnies this summer...:)

Re:CD-5, is this a top water lure? How do you fish these?? I have wanted to try trout fishing with something other than spinners and jig heads...

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
apexii said:
That's awesome guys, I can't wait!!! I will have her out catchin' sunnies this summer...:)

Re:CD-5, is this a top water lure? How do you fish these?? I have wanted to try trout fishing with something other than spinners and jig heads...
It's a rapala Countdown. It's a swimmer that sinks. For me it was flipping it out there and getting the line as tight as I could as fast as I could cause thats when the strike would happen. After the first fall they would chase it and bump it , but never grapped on. Then again I am not the best fisherman unless of course Gboro54 is around:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts