BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke bright and early and was on the water by 6:25 am. Saw trout surfacing all over but nothing would bite until around 730 am. The catching came in spurts as a few fish would slam the spinners then nothing for 10 casts, then a couple more fish etc. We fished until 9:15 am and ended with an easy limit of brown trout (12) and released 2 others, also 5 crappie and 2 golden shiners. Spinners in light colors worked as slow as possible along the bottom did the trick! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet.....may get out later today and give it a shot.......
Sounds good, they are out there for sure. We were surprised to see the crappie and golden shiners too, hitting hard.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, My daughter caught a big shiner opening day....it fought harder than the trout! LOL!
Yes, those things do fight!!! Wish i could be fishing now instead of sitting behind the desk: would have slayed them today!!!! :thumbsup:

Let meknow if/when you get out!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Me and Hammerhead man,were out Tues.and caught 8 rainbows between us.Half on garden worms,and half on spinners.Like you said,it took awhile before they started biting,and then it was sporatic action after that.Not a bad day at all.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Me and Hammerhead man,were out Tues.and caught 8 rainbows between us.Half on garden worms,and half on spinners.Like you said,it took awhile before they started biting,and then it was sporatic action after that.Not a bad day at all.
Nice!!! We couldn't buy a rainbow today!? Did they stock rainbows on Tuesday or mix of browns and rainbows? It was on then off, when it happened it was fast, then stopped abruptly!

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Steve, it was a good morning at the lake. I got a beauty soon after you left. I live right around the corner and I believe we fish a lot of the same areas. Send me an email if you ever want to hit the water.
View attachment 126562
That one is a pig!!!! Email sent. :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts