BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's a 4-B ????
Barnegat Bay B*** Barner's..........

With the growing membership of Barnegat Bay Boaters and Fishermen let see if a featured
weekly thread will go-over here in the Homeport
Forum for this wonderful area of New Jersey..

So Here is a Map and The Weather..
Barnegat Bay Map
Barnegat Bay Weather
Go Fishing !!! And Let's Here About It,,,

Thanks,,
-------------------------------------------------
I was riding over the Rte.72 Bridge yesterday afternoon and I just could not get over the amount of boat and waverunner traffic going on below..One thing is for sure,if you plan on fishing the bay over the next 5 weeks or so,get out there early or after dark...

·
Registered
408 Posts
Had a two man team aboard for fluke and weaks. Fluking the back-bay has slowed down over the last few days. They boated 2 keepers and about a dozen shorts. We then switched to weaks and had steady action. Some better fish to 3 pounds while the two easily filled their limit while releasing another 75 - 100 weaks.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I have to drop my boat (19'bowrider) at the dealer in Brant Beach this Saturday. I'd like to get in some early AM fishing before dropping the boat. Can anyone provide info on a ramp and some general info on where I might find some bluefish.

·
Registered
140 Posts
i'm gonna get out for some serious fishing for a change on sat., with my brother and cousin, no more kids.was thinking about going out front for flounder is that whats hot right now?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Lofty, I was doing well inside until two days ago. Out front is really turning on. Do not give a spot much time. Drift an area and if not fish move on. If you get them beat the area hard. I think one reason is the draggers have been banging the water off IBSP hard and you need to fish the area their nets have not recently dragged.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Make Me Nuts, thanks for the kind words.

Lofty, can't say whether or not south is good or bad because everyone I have talked to has gone north. Depth had been in the 50 to 65' range.

·
Registered
408 Posts
After getting chased off the water Thursday evening due to nasty storms finally got my two clients out for some weaks. Fish were very spotty in the slick at first but it got hot and heavy the last hour of light. The two boated over 100 weaks to 21 inches. Many spikes but they were able to get their limits.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
fished out front of the Lighthouse tonight on my friend's boat. We began the evening by castnetting some finger mullet & then headed through the inlet north a couple of miles.

Seemed like any water over forty feet was holding some fish...not a large number but we had fairly steady action for a couple of hours. Finished with two keepers.

The water was very warm and very blue...nicest water I can ever remember just off the beach.
I like using live baits this time of the year.

·
Registered
140 Posts
got out saturday, went out the inlet went about 1 mile north in 45ft of water. steady catching fluke all day got about 20 with eleven keepers, biggest was 5.5 lbs. it was an awesome day.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.