BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's a 4-B ????
Barnegat Bay B*** Barner's..........

With the growing membership of Barnegat Bay Boaters and Fishermen let see if a featured
weekly thread will go-over here in the Homeport
Forum for this wonderful area of New Jersey..

So Here is a Map and The Weather..
Barnegat Bay Map
Barnegat Bay Weather
Go Fishing !!! And Let's Here About It,,,

Thanks,,
-------------------------------------------------

[ 07-25-2005, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
250 Posts
If anyone has been out front one of the last few days, were there any bunker north or south of the inlet?

Also, does anyone know of any local bait shops near Waretown that might have fresh bunker for the weekend (I'm in Holiday Harbor Marina).

Stripers wanted bunker heads last weekend. Blues and sandsharks wanted bunker chunks.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Hey Go Gordon, The only bait stores I know near waretown thay may have fresh bunker is where Moles used to be, I forget the new name, and Grizz's in forked river. Id find the phone #'s and call ahead. Good luck this weekend.

Ryan

·
Registered
314 Posts
GoGordon-Your best bet for fresh would be Fisherman's Headquarters would be worth the car ride. Not all that far from HH...

Hope everybody has a safe weekend enjoy it's summertime !

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I think mole's new name is L&H woods.

[ 07-02-2005, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: wentfishn47 ]

·
Registered
6,900 Posts
Fella's.
FYI- I fished the North end of Harvey Cedars yesterday and there were bunker all over the place. really werent being harrassed. BUT the couple boats i did see were chasin birds and passed RIGHT OVER some schools of bunker. not sayin' there was fish there but i'd bet a buck that those bass are shadowing those schools lookin for an injured/sick(snagged) bunker to drop from the school. keep your eyes on your screens. Get em'!

Nick

·
Registered
408 Posts
Saturyday I had a single man trip and we found some excellent action with bass in the fog. Fish ranged from 16 to 32 pounds.

On Monday I tried to repeat Saturday's success but could not. No bass to be found. Came inside and fluked for about 40 minutes. Beat them up pretty good but the ratio of throw backs to keepers is huge.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Sunday, while most were doing the back bays, braved the seas with a hardcore friend & scored 5 bluefin, one of which we took home. Few small blues as well while trolling some 19 miles out. There were years where I could take it but never again...for a long time for me. Too soft from all the sand.

·
Registered
132 Posts
well done Candy, JJsax and i had a very tough time getting adjusted in that crazy fog on Sat. Called it a day and tried it out again on Sunday to get into as many blues as we could handle out front. did't see all the bunker everyone is talking about unfortunately and headed back in to boat 8 fluke with a big fat ZERO keepers out of that. all in all we had bent rods all day but feel like we were missing something (oh yah maybe a keeper fluke out of 8 would be nice in July)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Fished off IBSP on 7/10 in 40 to 55 FT of water,got 25 fluke 5 keepers and 1 9.5 lb blue. The best news is no dog sharks.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Went out BarnegatInlet Sunday morning and bunker were all over the place, snag hooked about a dozen. No takers underneath them. Moved north and picked a couple of short fluke. We were in 35-45 foot of water and water temp was 59 degrees.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Had a great day fishing for fluke out in 69 to 78 feet of water on sunday. Four of us caught 30 keepers with 10 over 5 lbs. We snag some bunker just outside the inlet for bait. The fish bit ok until about 11am. Most of the boats went in when they stoped feeding. We stayed out, and then about 2pm. all hell broke loose we caught most of our 5 pounders then.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Quick update sine the site has been down: West side bay temps in the 80s and ocean in the 70s. Bassing has really slowed down. There are some quality weaks (10 pounds or so) being taken by fishing the right spots at the right tides. No guarantees here though. Lots of small weaks showing although you would not know from my last trip. Still some big blues (8 - 12 pounds) around the inlet or just off the beach. Crabbing is awesome.

This past Sunday I fished solo and in about two and a half hours limited out with fluke in the bay. My three biggest fish went 5, 7, and 7.5 pounds. This was my best fluke limit in over 25 years of fishing the area.

Tuesday I had a trip for fluke and weaks. On the fluke front they boated over 30 fish with 13 going in the box. Biggest fish was 6 pounds. On the weakfish front we only landed one spike. It was hot, humid and nasty with no wind.

·
Registered
314 Posts
WOW, That's some great fluking Capt. Alex. congrats. I have geen enjoying alot of swimming the last couple of weeks in this beautiful water I'm going to give the fluke a shot this weekend. I can help with 2 things the crabbing is fantastic and the "Sparklers" are there in large quantity not size perfect for baking up though.Good Luck.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Fished all weekend.

Friday Night-- 35+ weaks fish in the 9 to 15 inch range.

Sat. -- Difficult conditions had 17 fluke with 3 keepers, saw Capt. Alex out and about was going to say hello but didn't want to bother as he had a charter aboard.

Sunday -- Much better conditions and had my best fluke trip on the year 21 fish with 11 being keepers up to 20 inches.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wow, all sounds great guys. Unfortunately i have not been getting the same luck. I must say it was two weeks i was away, but i spent some quality time on the water this past weekend and both the weakie and fluke bite were horrible. Well there were also entirely too many boats running around, but i remember some weekends in July last year that we still had the hot bite right in the middle of all the crazy traffic. Never the less i finally got some time off and will be spending the rest of the week on the water and hoping that the light weekday traffic might help. Any advise on either chumming shrimp for weakies or going for fluke? i was thinking that it was still a little slow in the bay for keeper size fluke, but from what i hear from Cap. Alex it has picked up. What do you think cap. can i stay in the bay or should out head out. Thanks fellas. Also if any of the barni crew will be out there this week, give a shout!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts