BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's a 4-B ????
Barnegat Bay B*** Barner's..........

With the growing membership of Barnegat Bay Boaters and Fishermen let see if a featured
weekly thread will go-over here in the Homeport
Forum for this wonderful area of New Jersey..

So Here is a Map and The Weather..
Barnegat Bay Map
Barnegat Bay Weather
Go Fishing !!! And Let's Here About It,,,

Thanks,,
-------------------------------------------------

Still Plenty of Bait In The Bay,And Bass Too ;)

[ 11-09-2005, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
101 Posts
Fished sunday thru tuesday and had excellent bass and blues action jigging crippled herring[2-3oz]
in mackeral.Tuesday I had my father out and he caught his largest bass to date 19.6lbs.Man was he stoked,it was a real great looking fish.
:D

·
Registered
202 Posts
We trolled North along the beach on Sunday. Ended up with 6 bass and lots of blues. Going out this Sunday to try again.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Too windy for me on Thursday, so I headed to the inlet. At one point, five straight cast of a 4" storm shad in close to the jetty produced hook-ups. The birds were working out towards the end of the jetty, and the bait just kept on a circular pattern. Ended up land a few blues and eight stripes in about 2 hours (noon to 2:00pm on the outgoing tide). The stripes turned off when the water got too shallow for them to be in tight to the rocks.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Went out the inlet Saturday morning and headed north, tons of blues all over anchoives. Charter Capt friend of mine had a customer hook into a tuna !! No bass this weekend will try again soon.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Saturday, Sunday and yesterday found bass and blues in different areas north of BI. Saturday we found fish off SSH in 65' depth. So, did 1,000 other boats. Mostly blues with some bass mixed in. Found most of the bass trolling away from the fleet. Sunday was a few miles south of SSH. Scattered blues and we found bass concentrated in one spot about 45' deep. No concentration on one lure or color those days. Yesterday, the same spot produced more bass mostly on chartruse. Biggest was about 40" with a 10" weakie inside. Saw a BIG bass follow a blue up trying to take the lure away!

·
Registered
673 Posts
mon got out late and fished inside for a couple of hours didnt get anything. tues afternoon found lots of bluefish off ibsp, caught a 13pound blue. got into some slot bass near inlet close to beach on live spot right after sunset. today fished inlet and behind dike, lots of bait and birds working inlet but nuthin. only one got one slot bass in back on rattle trap.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Fished the last of the outgoing and most of the incoming on Saturday near the inlet. No action for us on the outgoing, but as the tide started to run back in we picked up 5 bass (3 shorts and 2 tweeners) all released. We were drowning clams on fishfinder rigs in about 12' of water. Couldn't ask for a nicer day!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Got out late today and after a little looking around I got into some decent jigging off ibsp.No birds,you had to watch the machine real close and hang a "u" and drop down a jig.Then the birds started making things a little easier.All bass cookie cutter 26-28 inches.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Sunday morning a friend and I had over a dozen bass in the bay on plastics and live stuff. Fish ranged from 24 to 32".

·
Registered
105 Posts
Saturday 11/19--Bluefish Mayhem

Headed north out of BI up to the Bathing Beach/ Pavilion....saw good marks for both bait and game fish, and picked up 2 small blues.

Around 9 AM, birdplay started with lots of diving gannets and terns....pods of peanut bunker with chopper blues beneath.

Throughout the day, fished from 35-65ft. with diamond jigs, bucktails, hopkins, and live eels....caught 2 dozen blues from 3-9lbs. and 2 spiny dogfish around 6lbs.

NO STRIPERS....only saw 1 caught amidst a fleet of 300 boats.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I was one of those boats yesterday. Caught 17 stripes up to 30" and to many blues to count. I was catching blues and bass on poppers in the afternoon. 300 boats!!! are you sure you weren't
at the Boat Show?

·
Registered
225 Posts
went out Sat 3am. clammed, eeled and chunked the sod banks. Nothing.
Before sunrise we headed outside trolling with spoons and umbrella rigs. Ended up with 7 slots and one gap. Lots af big blues.

We had a triple header of bass, three 27 inchers on an umbrella rig at one time.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Does any fish the south side of the of the B.I. with clams? I fish the LEI most of the time but I am looking to fish up that way this Friday. The area I am talking about is on the other side of the breakers anchored up with clams. If this post is a spot issue please feel free to remove this post Mr Moderator.

·
Registered
105 Posts
float finish----some of us exaggerate about boats....some of us exaggerate about FISH :rolleyes:

I'd much rather be the former.

By the way, I don't know where you were at because out of all the guys we talked to saturday, nobody could seem to buy a keeper striper!!

Poppers only produced blues for us, so we went in around 1PM....perhaps bass turned on later in the day.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts