BASS BARN banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's a 4-B ????
Barnegat Bay B*** Barner's..........

With the growing membership of Barnegat Bay Boaters and Fishermen let see if a featured
weekly thread will go-over here in the Homeport
Forum for this wonderful area of New Jersey..

So Here is a Map and The Weather..
Barnegat Bay Map
Barnegat Bay Weather
Go Fishing !!! And Let's Here About It,,,

Thanks,,
-------------------------------------------------

Looks like there is still some nice Weakfish action and plenty of bait still wanting to hang out in the bay.And why not,if water temps along the coast are still in the upper 60's to 70 I am sure the Bay is about the same if not warmer.
If anybody running the Bay has a exact water temperature over the last couple of days please post it thanks...
Right now I see alot of boats running out of the inlets in search of action. It seems the majority of that action has been with Big Bluefish but it will not be long before the schools of Big Bass make their treck past the Ocean County CoastLine.
I have not checked out my spots in Barnegat Bay lately,still a little early for me to find a consistent Striper Bite (water temps)but this is the month (October)where I will start some late night trips..

EveryOne Have A Great Fishing Month...

·
Registered
408 Posts
Sunday morning I hit the bay at first light. Lots of action with small blues to 4 pounds. I was able to work through the blues to pick up three slot bass

There is still plenty of mullet at certain spots in the back. The schools of peanut bunker are still strong in the bay also with some going 7 inches plus.

·
Registered
185 Posts
water temps saturday were 65- inside and out.

Candy- We never seem to get through blues to bass. any advice?

Saturday was awesome- good catch of fluke and weaks (outside)then that blitz with big blues that lasted for hours and spanned quite a ways...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Went out today to late but tried plugging the north jetty anyway-blues.After some sparse action headed off to try my luck at some albies
WOW those fish never cease to amaze me.There speed,strenght and stamina are awsome.Had only two tolling rods set up with spoons but had doubles a few times,thought at one time I had a small bf[lost].What a great way to start a day. :D
:cool:

·
Registered
408 Posts
jjsax, the advice I have is that you need to be confident that are given area IS holding bass at a given time / tide even with lots of blues. If I am confident that is the pattern I may beat a spot until my confidence level changes that the bass are not there. You also may need to work around and under the blues.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Had the day off yesterday and was able to find a few bunker schools (very large bunker)outfront and after alot of work I was able to boat 1 @37". Felt there was more there just didn't like me or maybe they had to many bunker to choose from.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Got out tuesday morning-7 slots and a 5 gallon bucket full of jumbo kingfish and about a dozen or so porgies.In the afternoon my brother in law calls me to see if we could get out for some albie fishing-6 albies 1-blue.Evening back inside for some stellar weak fish jigging.What a day
:cool: The only down side 11hrs in the sun with no sun screen and I got my worst sun burn of the year[ouch] but it was worth it!

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Originally posted by jjsax:
water temps saturday were 65- inside and out.

Candy- We never seem to get through blues to bass. any advice?

Saturday was awesome- good catch of fluke and weaks (outside)then that blitz with big blues that lasted for hours and spanned quite a ways...
Try using a heavier jig head... ;)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Fished the incoming tide on Sunday in OC channel with spot and mullet, nothing but a few bluefish. Did see one boat chunking bunker that caught a couple of nice fish. Other than that, I did not see anyone else catching any bass.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Had to cancel three trip in a row due to the weather so I have not been out in a while. On Sunday I set my crap pots at my marina and soaked them for the day. Had about a dozen full keepers.

West side of the bay has cleaned up already. Water temp was 61 and tide are now blown out.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Took a ride out Sat. afternoon just to take a look. Water was Chocolate milk. 64.5 inlet to 66 in the back on that day. 61 seems low but with the wind and each tide change it's possible. Any encouraging news is good. Weather has pushed things way behind.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hey guys, I'll be down Saturday afternoon. Thinking about hitting the south jetty at Old Barnie or the surf, mid island. Thoughts? What baits should I try?

Sunday my Uncle will be down so we'll hit the bay for Stripers on his boat.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by kmq102:
Hey guys, I'll be down Saturday afternoon. Thinking about hitting the south jetty at Old Barnie or the surf, mid island. Thoughts? What baits should I try?

30.10 Bass was caught around Mid-Island/In-Coming Tide On Bunker Yesterday ;)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Looks like no surf rod as a wedding gift yet so I will be on the South Jetty Saturday evening unless someone wants a guest on their boat!?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hey fellas,

Just talked to Capn Deanald who is out right now in back. Has caught four to 32 so far. Go get 'em.

For me, staying north all weekend- stupid parties, one being my own engagement party on sunday. Capn Dean, my best friend was ordered to remain down and catch 'em up for us. ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just found the 4-B's here. Even though I'm high and dry for the year I'm looking forward to contributing in the spring!

[ 10-25-2005, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: MJL ]

·
Registered
618 Posts
I'm taking some time off from work tomorrow afternoon to take my buddy down for some fishing. I'm thinking I'll be drifting eels till dark and then find a nice hole to anchor up in later on. I haven't heard much talk about the North end. Any news? I'm hoping the water will clean up today. I'll have practicaly the whole of the incoming tide to work with so I'm trying to come up with a plan to stick to. I have a habit of trying to do too many things at once so in the end nothing gets done right. If anyone has any recent reports I'd love to hear them. I want to make the best use of my time out there. Thanks.

·
Registered
181 Posts
10/28/05
Caught the end of the incoming and 3 hours of the outgoing with clams. Anchored at the bank.
One 32",one 26". Water temp when I started was 58.5. 50 degrees when I left. I did not see anyone hooked up around me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts