BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's a 4-B ????
Barnegat Bay B*** Barner's..........

With the growing membership of Barnegat Bay Boaters and Fishermen let see if a featured
weekly thread will go-over here in the Homeport
Forum for this wonderful area of New Jersey..

So Here is a Map and The Weather..
Barnegat Bay Map
Barnegat Bay Weather
Go Fishing !!! And Let's Here About It,,,

Thanks,,
-------------------------------------------------
Tons of Bait in the bay right now,over the last couple of days I have spotted Peanut Bunker,Mullet,Spearing and Needlenose.And alot of each...

·
Registered
6,900 Posts
look for mullet...should start buildin' up just inside the inlet....also depends on tide and i don have a tide chart in front of me right now.
catch em' up fella's.

Nick

·
Registered
408 Posts
Was the NWS marine forecast off in the AM or what? We started looking for bass at first light but were covered with blues to five pounds. Then headed off the beach a little and found lots of small weakfish. After boating a bunch of keepers we switched our sights on fluke around the tires. We had a lot of action but mostly with shorts. Saw one pod of fat alberts pop up but never got a shot. Came inside and found fluking equally product but more shorts and very few keepers.

Crabbing right now is as good as I have ever seen it.

If you have kids and want to have sone fun in the bay anchor and chum with clam. There are lots of blowfish and other little critters that are sure to keep the rods bent.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by beachblitz:
September, westerly and clear skies. Is it Albie time yet?
Heard a report of some Albie's in the Surf yesterday around BayHead...

·
Registered
325 Posts
This is a terrific thread!!! I was up at the Light today for the obligatory walk with the Fiance. It was so clear I was shoked. I saw a crab with a hook stuck in it's mouth(?). It was odd because the line was cut and the crab was obviously stuck and fighting a bobber. i would have helped but getting sucked into the inlet isn't my idea of a fun Sunday.

·
Registered
185 Posts
out sunday with cap'n deanald and my brother. worked the inside and inlet catching small sea bass after small sea bass and some short fluke. headed out and the capn and my brother landed some nice sea bass to @ 4lbs. They were using berkley cut bait. Dean talked me into switching to bekley penny shrimp and i nailed a 6.5 lb doormat on the first drift. Thanks Cap! Hit mostly shorts on the next few drifts. Beautiful day and the water was gorgeous seeing bottom in 20 feet of water. Good way to end summer and lookin forward to fishing for stripers again sooooon.

jjsax

·
Registered
202 Posts
Glad to see the BB covered here at the Barn...the Bay is loaded with weakies, and King Fish this time of year. Some of the best fishing is yet to come!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Way to go JJ on that FAT fluke, that scale must have been broken because that thing sure looked over 8lbs. to me. never the less great to be out there and now all i can say is LETS GO FALL STRIPERS

·
Registered
408 Posts
Some real nice size peanuts in the back right now. I loaded my one pen last night with nuts that averaged 5-6" but had many that were close to 7".

·
Registered
467 Posts
albies outside the inlet this afternoon busting the bunker schools that were everywhere. The one keeper fluke by the lighthouse. Lots of bait around.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
slow day on the bay and out front...no steady fish catching anywhere. Out front, we caught a few croakers, one fluke, two bluefish for the grill and one weakfish.

Since we fished hard today and with cast netted live bait (large peanuts & large mullet), it was a bit slow.

But the weather was downright beautiful. What's up with the net boats so close to the beach?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Greenheads are about done for the season. Still some during the heat of the day but they are not a problem. The no see ems are back at dusk in full force.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Originally posted by MakeMeNuts:
What's up with the net boats so close to the beach?
They are chasing bunker I think.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Make Me Nuts, draggers or gill netters? The draggers are getting fluke and the gill netters are getting weaks.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
gill netters...thought so

is there a zone where they cannot net (say 1,2,3 miles) off the beach? just curious more than anything because I have only seen boats that close to the beach once before, and I was in NC and they were catching spots.

·
Registered
408 Posts
To the best of my knowledge they (gill netters) do not have any areas in the ocean they can not set nets.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts