·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Glad everyone is safe.

Anyone have the numbers?

·
Registered
863 Posts
WOW. The Capt. Joe is part of out clamming fleet out of the Point. The crew is doing well. Seem they had a pipe burst in one of there voids. The Capt. Joe is a sister ship of the Capt Zig.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Dam, doesn't take long for the for the buzzards to come out looking for numbers. does it. They will probally refloat the boat. If your that hungry for numbers. Play the tape. You might hear a very good friend of mine scared to death giving the numbers!!!!!

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
Listen To The Voice Of The Captain Calling Mayday And Giving His Position--the Fear In His Voice Is Increable---sent Shivers Up And Down My Spine. Amazing What Pure Fear Sounds Like.

·
Registered
863 Posts
BIGGESTJACK said:
Listen To The Voice Of The Captain Calling Mayday And Giving His Position--the Fear In His Voice Is Increable---sent Shivers Up And Down My Spine. Amazing What Pure Fear Sounds Like.
That is Karl Alberts, Him and Roy Rogers jr are good friends of mine. And our boat (Lady Dawn) often worked side by side..

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Crazy, you outh to know I am no buzzard..

I apologize if in haste I put a comment out that affended you or a friends situation. Having a few commercial friends to your South it was not my intent and I am certainly have more numbers than you or I could fish in a lifetime.. Fishing South only I have no need or desire for the numbers!

I was trying to make light of a bad situation with a light comment. I want to say don't take it personal but it seems it is personal to you. My apologies, I haven't heard the recording.

We are very happy the crew is safe and wish nothing but the best for the outfit going forward!

·
Registered
863 Posts
bear 13 said:
Crazy, you outh to know I am no buzzard..

I apologize if in haste I put a comment out that affended you or a friends situation. Having a few commercial friends to your South it was not my intent and I am certainly have more numbers than you or I could fish in a lifetime.. Fishing South only I have no need or desire for the numbers!

I was trying to make light of a bad situation with a light comment. I want to say don't take it personal but it seems it is personal to you. My apologies, I haven't heard the recording.

We are very happy the crew is safe and wish nothing but the best for the outfit going forward!
If you hear the tape Bear, you will understand where I am coming from. Have you ever heard a "good" friend, on the radio, with fear in his voice? I made a few trips on this boat, and know the crew well. Sorry if I went off the handle. But I played the tape, then saw some of the postings.

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
No worries here this was a bad post, but meant well, on my part...

My best to Capt Joe and crew...

Back to my cave..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
11 Posts
WOW! It's surprising that they throw that recording right out there.
I guess with freedom of information and all the media can get anything
and throw it on the internet. I am happy for the survivors and the families.
And thanks to the coasties that hang it all out there when noone else is around.

·
Registered
401 Posts
WOW...if Capt had manually deployed his EPIRB wouldnt the CG have known his position already? I found it scary that via his vhf trans they still did not (apparently) know where he was????

·
Registered
167 Posts
Audio was scary!!

I played back the audio three times; it scared the death out of me!!!:eek:
I called a good friend ( we fish the edge together) and played the audio for him to hear.
You could hear the fear in the voice on the radio.
In the dark, wind blowing like mad (Wed night it was windy!!!), boat sinking, waves crashing around and over you; hoping the radio is working and that the CG hears your mayday call and the last thing you hope is that the raft holds up in the angry North Atlantic (in March).
The wait in the raft (while the CG was flying to save you) must have been pure hell.
I'm glad to see that everyone is home safe.
What a shame, but it ended well for the crew:)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Very scary recording.

What a great outcome that everyone returned home.

I dont understand the numbers used in the recording...were they position?

According to articles on web the boat was 30 miles east of Point Pleasant. That would put the vessel in the area of the HA buoy.....Thats a long way from home in stormy seas.

The asbury park press update states that the vessel had an AIS transponder ....perm attached so it goes with the ship but last location would be available to CG.

Further they had an EPIRB which they triggered, immersion suits and life raft. They put their suits on and boarded the raft from which they had to depart to the water during/for the rescue.

Sounds like they had all the right technology and it worked as needed.

Three Cheers to the USCG for an outstanding job.

APP link
http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080313/NEWS/80313068

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
wow...that is a scary recording...the captain and crew were well prepared and I am sure it saved their lives...God Bless the Coast Guard

1 - 20 of 33 Posts