BASS BARN banner

46 DAYS AND COUNTING

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  mulldogg 
#1 ·
:D :D :D Ok Someone had to start thsi so it might as well be me. 46 days and counting down. Get your gear ready because it will be here before we know it. Even with all that white stuff and cold temps outside and in the water. Water temp this morning in the ocean is 36. Who wants to go surfing, have a brand new 5-4-3 and I'm dying to try it out. Maybe 15 years ago I would have been out there all winter. I think I'm either getting smarter or I think just older. That hurts when you take 4 or 5 good ones over the head. Anyway, opening day is coming and I can't wait. Keith the bagman

[ 01-15-2004, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: the bagman ]

#4 ·
Originally posted by the bagman:
Yo Skip,
I thought you'd be down at O/I chasing the striped ones or at least taking a swim down at Buxton by now. What happened? Keith
Keith,

I'm most likely leaving tomorrow morning for Morehead city. Got the invite from Hooked up charters tocome down and check stuff out! Can't wait. Looks like Capt. Badfinger is coming as well!......Yippy :D ;)
:D ;)

#5 ·
:cool: Skip,
Take your board just in case. Go out next to the Sheraton, good spot, was there back in December and it's about a 200 yard paddle to get outside. Good break though, winds should be out of the NNE for it to be offshore. Good luck with the fishies. Keith

#7 ·
Can't wait either Keith. I got a 5/4/3 zipperless for Christmas and haven't used it yet. I wanna try it out. I guess I'll have to wait till the temps come up to around 40 :mad:

Unless its really really sunny and no wind. Guess I'm getting old :D .

[ 01-17-2004, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: Stalker Charters ]

#11 ·
Skip,
My 5-4-3 is zipperless also. Had fun trying to get in and out of it on Christmas day. Sweating my *** off. With all this cold weather 40 is going to feel warm. I can't wait. It'll be here before we know it.
Fishintime, you have to talk to Strikes about the grillin thing, I beleive he was one of the ones who started that thing along with Grim. I could be wrong but if my memory serves me correctly that is the person to talk to. I have missed that last couple of years with that topic. 42 days to go. Let's hope mother nature cooperates and warms up the water for that day. Skip I always shoot for the 15 of March for my first go out. Last year I was out before that. 12th I think. Anyway come on Spring. Keith the bagman

#12 ·
SomeOne Mention HerringFest ? :D

Yep,It would Be Great To Do The Grillin Thing
Again down at CISP..
March 1st,falls on a Monday this year,maybe
we can do it down there on the weekend of
the 5th Saturday Night...That Way if any
Bass are around they will be far game also...

#14 ·
I thought I posted this question to Skip on another forum, but I can't seem to find the thread,.... to Skip or whomever can contribute, what is the earliest (approx early march, mid or late march, etc) you could expect to have a decent pick of stripers in the spring? what air/water temps are we looking for to give good odds of catching fish? If you guys haven't noticed, winter is too long and I am dying to get the 2004 season started with the boat in and some consistent fishing trips in open water. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.