BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting beat up pretty bad last week with 2 skunkings back to back :( , today was pretty important for us. In order to keep from going completely nuts we needed to find some fish...

And find'em we did

We took our chances on some live bunker fishing and thankfully it paid off.

Pictured Above Is "Dave I Forgot My Hat C" With Some Nice Bass Just Before Their Release.

And A Couple Shots Of Me To Help Keep Dave's Picture Taking Skills Sharp.

Snagging bunker today was a little tricky. The pods were low in the water colum which meant we had to use heavier then normal weighted trebble hooks coupled with long sweeping motions as opposed to a series of quick yanks through fish breaking on top.

The fish were caught in 27-30' of water all at all stages of the tide. The only bycatch we had all day was one huge dogfish and a bluefish that found Dave's trebble hook as he searched for bunker.

We ended the day with 7 bass to 36#. The other boat fishing with us which consisted of SRF, Dave G and Matt accounted for 3 bass two of them went 38#. All but one of our bass were released with hopes that one day they will provide someone else with the thrill we were lucky enough to experience today

The one fish we killed took a hook in the gills and bleed out to the point were there was no was she was gonna make it. You can be sure we'll make good use of the filets!

[ 06-06-2005, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: Ron Redington ]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Ron,

Nice job...I have not forgotten about you...2 busy weeks at work...fishing is still spotty. I will keep in touch!

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
NICE!

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
way da go Boss ;) Glad ta see ya always put them small ones back
:cool: Good job guy's

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Ron congrats to you and the crews on a great outing. If we had this type of fishery in CM area.......well- you know what I'm thinking. (Give me a C)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.