BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got out of the normal bass fishing waters, and went to NY for some dry fly trout fishing. Fished two days and had a lot of bugs hatching but only managed a few fish. Can't complain though with two great days up in the mountains it was great to go.

Here is the magic bug that all the fish wanted to eat. Blue Winged Olive about a size 18 I guessed ;)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Nice fish Josh. I miss fly fishing, was pretty avid for about 25 years, but now I have a boat at the ocean and can't do both. Both the East and West branches are great places to fish. Lots of wide open water and nice fish, great hatches, can be spectacular streamer fishing.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rented the boat for two days just me and my pop. It's about $200 a day to rent a boat and a guide runs around $400. Been going up there for about 20 years with a guide and I personally thinks it's worth it. But my old man likes to go just me and him. Great place to fish though hands down my favorite. But I have not fished north jersey at all. Really want to give it a shot here before summer.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Nice fish, you got lucky with the weather, my buddy went up Thursday and got blown out yesterday with the storms. Needless to say they are back home today. Also a group of 40 guys went up to central PA, and it got crushed with the storms.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice fish, you got lucky with the weather, my buddy went up Thursday and got blown out yesterday with the storms. Needless to say they are back home today. Also a group of 40 guys went up to central PA, and it got crushed with the storms.
Yea we got out just in time. River went from 800 CFS to just under 9000!!! Crazy! Sucks for your friends, nothing worse than a blow out.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Rented the boat for two days just me and my pop. It's about $200 a day to rent a boat and a guide runs around $400. Been going up there for about 20 years with a guide and I personally thinks it's worth it. But my old man likes to go just me and him. Great place to fish though hands down my favorite. But I have not fished north jersey at all. Really want to give it a shot here before summer.
Thanks for the info, Josh. I may have to hit you up in the fall for a recommendation!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts