BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, not good, started it off by spilling a jumbo coffee inside my truck. Followed that up with two+ hours of trolling in several spots with out a single touch.

But the highlight of the trip came later when I picked a quiet little spot by myself to chunk. When dropping back some more on the anchor line I watched the end of the rope slip right through my hands and slowly disappear.:eek: The boats previous owner never tied off the end of the anchor line! Thinking quick, I rig up some trebles on a drail and try to power drift to snag it. But as I make repeated passes over this one spot other fisherman notice my actions and they come over to fish my "honey hole". In short order Ive got two liveliners and numerous trollers working this dead little spot where I keep making passes.:please:

Not being one for crowds I finally gave in and let them have my anchor and my "hotspot" Like I said, what a day.

·
Registered
437 Posts
what a season, one day its an out and out slaughter the next day we are trying to find them . I guess thats the draw to fish for them. Sorry about the anchor.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I call it the "may lull" when the main body of Hudson stock are upriver. That coupled with the bluefish arrival can make it a lot harder to score. They must be really banging them upriver right now.

I probably should back off till they pour out the river but once I get in full fishing mode its hard for me to sit home.

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Ron I have a 12lb anchor with 5 ft of stainless chain I can bring with me and leave with you for a snag and drop or troll trip with you if you are in a pinch for a new anchor. The rode we are using with our wreck anchor on my buddies boat.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks a lot for the offer joe but I had a spare laying around so I'm all set. And this one IS tied off in the rope locker. I also have a backlog of people I promised to take out that I have to work through.

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
Thanks a lot for the offer joe but I had a spare laying around so I'm all set. And this one IS tied off in the rope locker. I also have a backlog of people I promised to take out that I have to work through.

Oh is that what the line of people camped out at the dock are doing ? Waiting to fish with you...............
I should have asked them. I thought it was some kind of " super sale" and that was the line up to buy TV's.

I hope you can put em' all on fish. :)

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the compliment BG but I know there are a lot of better bass men than me out there. Being a tight lipped bunch you wont see them posting anything on a public forum.

I have owned mostly smaller boats with limited room for guests so its can be a challenge to get people out. I got a real surprise last week when my 79 yr old mother in law asked me to take her fishing. We weren't even sure if she could get into the boat! When the weather looked good I brought her down and set her in a folding deck chair, She enjoyed every minute of it and even when the wind kicked up she did not complain. It was work getting her out there but I was happy to do it. The bass proved too strong for her to reel in but I intend to get her out there again for fluke.

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
Thanks for the compliment BG but I know there are a lot of better bass men than me out there. Being a tight lipped bunch you wont see them posting anything on a public forum.

I have owned mostly smaller boats with limited room for guests so its can be a challenge to get people out. I got a real surprise last week when my 79 yr old mother in law asked me to take her fishing. We weren't even sure if she could get into the boat! When the weather looked good I brought her down and set her in a folding deck chair, She enjoyed every minute of it and even when the wind kicked up she did not complain. It was work getting her out there but I was happy to do it. The bass proved too strong for her to reel in but I intend to get her out there again for fluke.

Very good Big Ron.......... that's the spirit.
I run a 21' so can't really take more than 15 -20 people with me at a time. Want to keep the freeboard at least 4" for safety.........
I can fish with people, or alone. Alone, no problem - no one to be concerned with, good fishing, bad, conditions, heat, cold etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.