BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a plan. I was going to fish Corson's from the kayak until it got dark, then head over to BP to kayak the bridge. The winds were supposed to be S SW so looking at Google Earth it looked like both spots would be protected from the wind.

I arrived at Corson's at noon to find the wind blowing straight down the inlet. It would have been rough in the kayak so I fished from shore. I soaked a clam on one rod and threw a small bucktail with a white grub on the other. I fished the bucktail hard from noon till 5pm. I tried fast retrieves, slow retrieves, steady retrieves, bouncing on the bottom, moving around to cover a lot of water. All without a hit. I did have one hit on the clam, but when I set the hook there was nothing there.

I then headed over to BP where to me dismay, there were barges, lines, and bouys all over the place. I decided to head home to watch the Phillies with the family.

Going to try again tomorrow with my son.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had the same problem last weekend, was very windy and inlet was rough. I worked my way around the bend to the smaller creeks and has some luck with little schoolies. I'm hoping the fishing picks up next weekend with the blues and bigger stripers.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the same problem last weekend, was very windy and inlet was rough. I worked my way around the bend to the smaller creeks and has some luck with little schoolies. I'm hoping the fishing picks up next weekend with the blues and bigger stripers.
I could have launched at the ramp and headed to the right. That area would have been protected from the wind. I figured I would just chill out on the beach and save the kayaking for fishing the bridge at night.

What did you use to catch the schoolies?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts