BASS BARN banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went fishing for the first time since Easter. Got 12 tb's fished a bunch of new spots. Had a nice one on but was on the phone with my daughter who just hit a deer. That and my reel wouldn't lock so long story short got off. No junk fish. By the way didn't fish stakes went different spots. Squid was better then anything else.

Also I have a question in the Tackle Box Forum about how to repair shimano calcutta reel 400 s

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
Fished out of the fort . The crab pots were all over the bay. Trying to fish in 12 to 20 ft of water was tough.
got I small croaker no fluke

·
Registered
374 Posts
Good job mako. I hit the back bays today for the first time and got a couple (check home port). I think I might do that a couple more weeks til it warms up a bit in the bay it sounds like you did alright tho. It's nice just to catch and know that they are there and bigger fish will hopefully turn on sooner than later.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Went fishing for the first time since Easter. Got 12 tb's fished a bunch of new spots. Had a nice one on but was on the phone with my daughter who just hit a deer. That and my reel wouldn't lock so long story short got off. No junk fish. By the way didn't fish stakes went different spots. Squid was better then anything else.

Also I have a question in the Tackle Box Forum about how to repair shimano calcutta reel 400 s
Upper or Lower bay? Thanks Mako.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Tidewater 180cc

At least you found some.Good job on finding some.Next time a keeper in the boat.I tried Raritan bay yesterday.Only caught some blues,biggest 30in.They are fun to catch though.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Thanks for the report Mako. i had some luck getting a Calcutta fixed at the Sportsman's center in Bordentown, NJ but that was several years ago. i think they are no longer a repair facility, but they might be able to help... i took a baitrunner up there a few weeks ago. It was a little confusing, but one guy (Rick or Chuck maybe?) was able to reach out to their Shimano rep and got the baitrunner fixed (it was less than a year old). i would call first and work out the details if you are planning to take it there. Good luck.

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
Rick. Call STC in Gibbstown. It's a ride for you but I think he can handle it. Or you could call Shimano. Their turn around time is pretty quick.

Thanks for the report.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.