BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5 Years/5000 Post Club

Wow, What A Long Strange Trip It Has Been?.I cannot believe I am celebrating my 5 year anniversy hear at the Barn this year and have reached a total of 5000 posts?I never been too much of a talker so I hope what I had to say over the years has helped out my fellow fishermen,at least that was my plan way back during the Fall of 2000??

I want to thank both Ron Redington and Frank Mihalic for putting together this wonderful website,they had a vision of pulling together a community of fishermen to be able to communicate with eachother during their down time off the water and to be used as a extra added tool for your tacklebox to become a better fishermen. And you know what they did it.I would never go fishing again without first checking out the latest topics on The BassBarn.Com?.Would You ?

I also would like to thank some of the early moderators on this website, without the likes of Phil L and BassVamp and how many of you remember Big Basstard and BassMasterson ?? They were the building blocks of this great community? And because of what they did and showed me, I consider myself very lucky and proud to of become a moderator here myself???

The Get-Togethers,,we all know about the Barnfest the great yearly event started here and un-matched and copied from other websties today..But in the beginning we would all meet on the wet rocks of CapeMay Point and fish..Remember Herringfest ? A Cold
February Night down at Corsons Inlet State Park. Herring Fishing and Cooking Deer Sausage on a BBQ Grill along with a few brews?..Rip Trips..- A Bunch Of Barner?s
On a Head Boat working the Cape May Rips all day. It all happened. And I will remember those outings forever?.Even today we continue the tradition of Member get-togethers,recently the NJ Angler Surf Tournament has become a popular gathering of members.Last year I rallied up a bunch of members to help clean up a very productive fishing area that was being threatened to be closed down.. We came and We Cleaned?. Future events may be instore like for our fast growing Kayaking Community? So Stay Tuned?

All in All I have met and fished with a lot of great fishermen since the establishment of the BassBarn.,And Have Made Some Very Good Friends For Life Also Here..
I even had to be a moderator on some early fishing turf disputes and a voice of reason when it came to some heated discussions concerning the Spots Issue..It was all good..
I can not imagine a day without the Barn, Fishing is in my Blood and having a outlet to be able to talk about fishing is right there as good as it is to be out fishing?.I have leaned so much and I think I have helped many fishermen over the years thru these forums and I cannot wait to embark on the next 5 years and 5000 posts?..

See You?s Around,, Catch?Em Up?????.

Thanks NightStrikes?????????.

*If any of you other Oldtimer's here at the Barn
would like to share some of your experiences over the years,I would love to hear them...

Thanks Again,,,

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Thanks You NightStrikes for all you do to improve this community and to help us fellow fisherpersons out!

I appreciate all your efforts and look forward to your next 5000 posts!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Steve, you were one of the first barners I met after I joined and I have learned a lot from fishing with you and from your posts.

The weekly fishing reports is one of the best parts of the barn and it helps those of us who are 80 miles from the water know whats going on. Great job with the 5000 posts and hopefully many more to come.

As for the memories, the end of the 2001 and 2002 had some great fishing and some good times. Herring fest was a great time with good food and friends. Hopefully there will be many more to come.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I don't think I will ever get 5000 posts but been around since 2000. Member # 35 I think :D

Definitely appreciate your weekly reports and all the good people I have met through the Barn

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by BottomBouncer:
Thanks You NightStrikes for all you do to improve this community and to help us fellow fisherpersons out!

I appreciate all your efforts and look forward to your next 5000 posts!
Thanks BottomBouncer,
Yep,This Train Will Keep Rolling,I Enjoy It Too Much.. :D

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
you've always been my favorite moderator

Don't worry Phil I'll say the same about you in the Del Bay ;)

Congrats strikes. Always enjoy your posts; keeping us updated, your pics and your lure identification skills :D

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by YoungGun24:
Steve, you were one of the first barners I met after I joined and I have learned a lot from fishing with you and from your posts.

The weekly fishing reports is one of the best parts of the barn and it helps those of us who are 80 miles from the water know whats going on. Great job with the 5000 posts and hopefully many more to come.

As for the memories, the end of the 2001 and 2002 had some great fishing and some good times. Herring fest was a great time with good food and friends. Hopefully there will be many more to come.
Matt,
Thanks Buddy,, It was a pleasure fishing with you over the years and we have caught some fish during this span of time.Very Good Times...
I can remember that night in the back when you
had something almost spool your reel and I believe that was also the night you took the treble hook thru you hand,Ouch !!

Take Care,,

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by mako:
I don't think I will ever get 5000 posts but been around since 2000. Member # 35 I think :D

Definitely appreciate your weekly reports and all the good people I have met through the Barn
Member #35, You know where I am coming from Mako.. Thanks Man,,
I guess then you remember when the weekly fishing reports thread I started was called-
The Cape/Atlantic Reports I loved the way
that sounded....

Take Care Buddy,,,

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Mike Grabbe:
you've always been my favorite moderator

Don't worry Phil I'll say the same about you in the Del Bay ;)

Congrats strikes. Always enjoy your posts; keeping us updated, your pics and your lure identification skills :D
Thanks Mike,,,
Yeah, I try to keep it fresh.Always trying to come up with something interesting to read for everyone here...

Take Care Buddy,,,

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by ALL FLUKED UP:
Way to go Nigthstrikes! Thanks for all the great info.
No Problem,, Thank You.....

·
Registered
908 Posts
Thanks NIGHTSTRIKES for your ongoing effort! I
always look forward to your reports and pictures.
You also turned me onto the blk/pur bomber, which
is still one of my top 3 lures!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Nightstrikes, I am very new to the barn but it has become a big part of my day. I need to check in every evening after work. I may not be able to get to fish each day but I can think about it! I do feel as if we are all friends even though I have only meant you at the NJ Angler event. Thanks for all of the info and many more posts!!!

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by earlybird:
Thanks NIGHTSTRIKES for your ongoing effort! I
always look forward to your reports and pictures.
You also turned me onto the blk/pur bomber, which
is still one of my top 3 lures!
Brent, Thanks Buddy...
Yeah That Bomber is the BOMB !!! I wish you continued success with it.........

Takce Care,,

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by sic yakker:
Nightstrikes, I am very new to the barn but it has become a big part of my day. I need to check in every evening after work. I may not be able to get to fish each day but I can think about it! I do feel as if we are all friends even though I have only meant you at the NJ Angler event. Thanks for all of the info and many more posts!!!
Yep, The Next Best Thing To Fishing Is Reading the Barn.. I have been addicted for 5 years now.. :D And I See No Cure!! ;)

Thanks Buddy, Will Hook Up Again. I see a Paddlefest or Yak Fest on the Horizon....

·
Registered
483 Posts
Great Job Steve! I only wish that the years I have been on here and have fished with the in crowd could of shook off any difference that might have come along the way between us. I am glad to have met ya and continue to read your reports as one of my favorite past times. It has become like you said an addiction of sort!
I cant seem find the right words on here all the time but home is were the heart is and alot of fishermen call this home. Good job and congrats on the 5000!

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Steve- you have been a great, great asset to this community and you deserve plenty of thanks for helping so many people out with your vast fishing knowledge.

Here's to 5,000 and to many, many more.
Catch em up!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Steve, Sorry it took so long to respond to you on this thread. You know how busy I've been lately with the deck. I have been just checking the fishing report & surf threads real quick lately.

I have enjoyed your Cape-Atlantic Reports from the beginning. I watched them grow to start including Ocean & Monmouth Counties.

Many people on the Barn don't know how much you put into the Barn. I have spent a lot of nights on the sods, bridges & yak with you along with a few days on the beaches. The talk is always fishing and the Barn so I really know your passion for these.

I know how you were blamed for a lot of things during the "Spots War". I also know that the only thing you were guilty of was guilt by association. Because or you were so willing to help people from the Barn you(and I to some extent) were blamed for burning spots. Thank God that that passed.

On a more positive note let me try to post your resume of accomplishments here: No particular order and I appologize because I'm sure I'm gonna leave some out!

You organized a copuple of Rip Trips, 2 BassBarn Surf Fishing teams, clean ups, cook outs and rallied the masses many times when we needed to show our concerns for many political issues.

You keep us informed on new products, new events, weather and anything related to fishing on the news. You personally have help increased sales of all the lure mfgs around by posting all that wood!
:D

When someone has a question what post do you see? "Question for NightStrikes"

You get the message to the Brass when things need a change hence we have a Freshwater forum and a soon to come Kayak forum.

You communicate with Ron regulary to keep him up to date and your Forum going. It's no wonder that your thread is the most active.

You are a true pioneer and I want to thank you personally for keeping my interest here and for all the company and conversation all those nights.
Don't give up and keep the passion!

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
Originally posted by NIGHTSTRIKES:
Member #35, You know where I am coming from Mako.. Thanks Man,,
I guess then you remember when the weekly fishing reports thread I started was called-
The Cape/Atlantic Reports I loved the way
that sounded....

Take Care Buddy,,,
I remember when they were called that! Great job reaching 5,000 Steve! I enjoy all the reports that come along! Keep up the good work! ;)

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I've been here since Nov 2000, this board has helped me tremendously to make the transition from fishing Northern NJ to the Cape, especially after my retirement in early 2001...now it is a daily ritual....I guess I dont have as many posts as some others, but I guess thats because I'm kind of like "Mr. Ed", I dont speak unless I have something to say...then u cant shut me up...LOL...keep up the good work guys...and Ill try to keep the info flowing from my point of view...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts