BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feels good to say that. Best day of fishing i have ever had in my life. Matt who was on board with us agrees that it was the best day he has ever had. Hands are still shaking as i type this. Left the dock at 7am with matt and the lip. Made bait in one throw and we were on our way. Set up on the first drift and nailed a 32 pounder right off the bat. Made a few more short drifts in the area with nothing but bluefish. Decided to make a move and it turned out to be the best decision ever. Videos are uploading as we speak. This may be hard to even comprehend but bare with me. We landed 5 bass over 50 pounds, 4 bass over 40 pounds, and too many 30 pounders to even count... Matt landed 4 of the 50 pounders and I GOT MINE !!!!! My first bass over 50 pounds and i will never forget it. Have everything on video. Matt did the right thing and released all of his 40's and 50's. Wow it feels awesome to say that. I released all of my fish over 28 pounds including a 40 pounder. I caught my first 40 pounder and my first 50 pounder on the same day. Will never forget this day as long as i live. I did keep my 50 pounder so that i could have it skin mounted on my wall. I made a promise to myself that i would never kill a big one like that again. Watching those big girls swim away is the best feeling ever. Especially when the whole thing is on video ! My dad's big fish for the day went 33 pounds. My fish was officially weighed at 51.2 pounds. This is what we have been waiting for. In the end, hard work and doing your homework pays off.

Videos will be posted here soon. Check back

Tight lines- Johnny Bucktails

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Nice job John! We all wait for a day like you had today and to have such a day at such a young age is just unreal!!! The best part is you got to experience this with your dad! Keep it up John and I am sure a 60#'er+ is in you future! Just hope it's not a day we have one of our side bets going.. LOL... looking forward to the video!!!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Jbt. What an awesome day!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Johnny congratulations young man and to your friends also on a tremendous day. The fact that you guys let so many of the big ones go instead of stacking and packing all of them is fantastic. I've been hooked on that feeling you have right now for a long time and that "glow of success" is the best feeling in the world, Enjoy it, you earned it.

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
Fantastic fishing - congratulations, and good for you on the releases.

Read that less than 30 seconds out of water is best to avoid fish brain damage on the release, so we'll all keep that in mind.

Amazing day for you, wow.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Congrats J.B. :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Congrats on a catch of a lifetime.Best part is you did it with your dad.You guy's fish hard and you deserve to reap the rewards.Good luck,and hope to see you out there sometime.

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
awesome day:thumbsup: C&R is good

·
Registered
12,869 Posts
Congrats

You look like the MachoMan Randy Savage RIP in one of those photos

That is an AWESOME day-maybe understated description

1 - 20 of 29 Posts