BASS BARN banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
most 50#test mono line diameter is about 0.030" is there or does anybody know of a smaller diameter 50# or 60# test monofilament line out there for sale

·
Registered
141 Posts
The size you are using (.03" = .762mm) is a small diameter. We use Momoi Blue Diamond, 60# for top shot. It has a .8mm diameter but consistantly breaks above 90 pounds, well above its rated 60# class.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Fyi

Trilene Big Game 50lb. mono.
avg. line diam. .028"

It's not much smaller but I don't know your application.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Jinkai is the smallest (I believe their 50# is .62mm). Momoi Diamond 50# is one of the heaviest 50# lines and rates at 83lbs (closer to the Jinkai 80# than the 50#). Regular Momoi Hi Catch is in between the two and a bit more supple than Diamond. All three are great lines (in my humble opinion), but different. I also find the Jinkai a little pricey (and I'm not sure it is worth the extra cost over the Momoi products).

Diamond 30# has close to a 50lb rating. I use it sometimes where a very thin 50# would be ideal. You might also look at Diamond 40#, which is as strong as most other 50# (I think it is .65mm and rates in excess of 60lbs). I spool my Tiagra 30LRSs with Diamond 40#.

·
Banned
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
exellant

Bird of Prey said:
Jinkai is the smallest (I believe their 50# is .62mm). Momoi Diamond 50# is one of the heaviest 50# lines and rates at 83lbs (closer to the Jinkai 80# than the 50#). Regular Momoi Hi Catch is in between the two and a bit more supple than Diamond. All three are great lines (in my humble opinion), but different. I also find the Jinkai a little pricey (and I'm not sure it is worth the extra cost over the Momoi products).

Diamond 30# has close to a 50lb rating. I use it sometimes where a very thin 50# would be ideal. You might also look at Diamond 40#, which is as strong as most other 50# (I think it is .65mm and rates in excess of 60lbs). I spool my Tiagra 30LRSs with Diamond 40#.
thats why i love this site there are a lot of pros on this site who dont mind sharing thanks for the info

·
Banned
1,178 Posts
Did You Ever Think About Useing Power Pro Line ?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Just a suggestion that you may want to be more concerned with a line's nick properties than diameter. Many of the small soft lines can nick easily. That means missed/lost fish.

We use Stren for all applications due to its anti-nick properties.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts