BASS BARN banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this bad boy on the last day of January. Thought it was a small musky when I saw that head come out of the water! Wish I got a pictue to show you how wide this fish was! Details in my other post....:cool:-BBB

·
Registered
595 Posts
Nice fish BBB.....I have a resolution to fish together with you in 2012.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Gotta tell ya, my pic wasn't a 5 pounder (2lb-10oz) but it was a thrill. Didn't know what it was at first (didn't matter) the fight was a hoot.
Only issue was how to handle it once it came to the boat.
Between the hooks (9, 3 trebs) and the teeth the next issue was the cuts, scrapes and the strength of the fish, it turned out to be a health issue and whether I needed addition blood.
What a great weather pattern......this is January...Go figure!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Winter in NJ? Tuesday, 2/1

I thought for sure I was going to have to cover my boat for the winter because it would be somewhat silly to try to put a boat out on the ice...surprise!!!!
Had to hit the lakes on Tuesday after a week and a half of great January bass fishing for another turn.
Although the fishing was a bit slower than it has been, no bass this time, perch, crappie and pickerel did come to the hook.
The most action came in the pads (LOL, that is where the pads used to be), I can amost imagine the pads were starting to grow once again with the weather being as nice as it has been.
Anyway, I'm looking for my first February bass in search of my goal to catch at lest one bass in every month like I've done for the past two years.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanx everyone....:thumbsup:. Hey Bob, when a bait has three treble hooks your better off taking the tail hook off as not to have a fish (especially a Pickeral) get hooked too deeply in the throat or gills. You can also play them a little longer in the water so they tire before you try to handle them or get yourself a boga grip. Good luck with your goal!:wave:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts