BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out early Sun morning in all that FOG:mad: . I was out w/ chuck and the Michael III. We ran out to the hot dog area. Had the first fish in the boat in 10 minutes. Bait of choice was live spot. First Light was a great bite:) :) . We boated a fourty pounder. Then released the next 5 in the 40-50 lb range. I had a big one on for twenty minutes and it got tangled in the anchor rope:mad: .
We had a great bouns for the trip when a 40" Bull Dolphin showed up in our slick. I caught him on a small piece of butter chunk. He jumped three times. A great day on the water. Water temp was 69 degrees and the depth was on a lump around 119 feet.
tight lines for now:) :) :) .

·
Registered
106 Posts
Your Hot Dog Post

Mucho - Do you run a boat out of Pier 47? Looking to partner up for a trip or two - also have boat at 47. Thanks for report.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Slick???

When you said slick were you talking ablut chunking or chum, and what kind?
We would like to try this, have never done it before.
Mary

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
Great job on the fish,I was on the boat that slid in next to You,we ended up with 4 with the biggest around 125lbs.The big one took a run for the anchor rope but we were able to outsmart him and I fought him on the Bow for a while bec ause he had about 400 yds stretched out,He was hooked under his throat and he wouldn`t turn.
Thanks again for the call on the radio.We had a shark bite our first tuna in half at the other spot and I dont think he left because the bite shut down.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Captainbadfinger......That was quiite a move going around the anchor rope:eek: Glad we could help, the bite early was insane! Congrats on the big BFT you guys can really catch fish!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
It got a little hairy when they hooked another one in the cockpit and that one came up to the front with the first one:eek: !
Thanks again for the call,it worked out great for us.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts