BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boys I finally got my 50/50 and then some. After the gator hunt and this three days later I am going to church and thanking the lord for my good fortune, and I mean that.

The story: Heard the mullet run had started , so me and my buddy Jimmy headed to the inlet loaded with mullet and nothing other than big snook on our minds. We had a HUGE surprise. We got into HUGE bull reds, good action for about an hour.
The fish in my hands was 53 inches and maxed out my 60 pound Boga. I have no idea what the state record is, and had no idea at the time. We had no other choice other than to revive this fish and let her go. She swam away fine after a 20 minute fight. My buddy Jimmy got a 52 pounder too. Any info what to do if ya think you got a record that you know is illegal to keep would greatly be appreciated Enjoy the pics

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Side note

Notice my burned lower lip from the gator hunt :D

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This story is taking a sad turn, just found out the record is 52 pounds :mad: :mad: :mad: ,

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
WOW They are some monsters. florida state record is 51 lbs 8 oz. You guys broke it twice. WTG. I've seen some monsters like those caught up in Mosquito Lagoon. What pulls better them or BIG snook?

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Way To Go Ron, Your FLA Reports just get better and better, Thanks Man...

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Get your boga IGFA certified and take measurments of the fish you catch. That way if you catch a record fish that is illegal to keep, you still get credit for the record catch.

Congrats on the record catch.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Way to go Ron!
Let me know when there's a house next door to you for sale!
As far as the record goes there was a report of a potential North Carolina record Red in the surf in Saltwater Sportsman but because of the 27" law it was returned and could not be certified.
I think the current records will stand until that limit is repealed.
Keep the reports coming!
And don't worry about dating your photos. Some people are just born skeptics.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by aviator:
Ronnie - this is your Cuz in Va - call your dad and get my home number and call me - the aviator
I hear ya Cuz, will do

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by Bgsdad:
Way to go Ron!
Let me know when there's a house next door to you for sale!
As far as the record goes there was a report of a potential North Carolina record Red in the surf in Saltwater Sportsman but because of the 27" law it was returned and could not be certified.
I think the current records will stand until that limit is repealed.
Keep the reports coming!
And don't worry about dating your photos. Some people are just born skeptics.
Thanks Bruce, appreciate it

Sorry for that late reply on your get-well popst

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I am booked for October, maybe my luck can continue

1 - 20 of 26 Posts