BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good to see the Barn back up now I can get my fix.

Went out along the beaches on Monday 7/10 and found some really good bait and fish under them. Caught 8 fish from 23 to 36lbs. and missed just about as many. Also had a Thresher shark to keep me company for a few minutes. Once the tide bottomed out the bait pushed off the beach a little more and the bite slowed. Sloppy conditions again on the water had me fishing all by myself again with only one visit from a charter boat which made a couple passes and left. Water temp was as low as 57.9 degrees.:eek:

·
Banned
210 Posts
Mullica Bob,

You are about the only guy talking about an actual catch. Glad to hear it.
Not much else going on or not much else worth talking about. I presume the baitfish were bunker since they seem to be all over the place.:p

(gaff it)

·
Registered
9,997 Posts
bunkie

Wow the water cold off that much MB? :rolleyes:

It was 69 on Sunday in the inlet, and I was going to switch over to tuna. Appreciate the report, I did hear people reporting seeing "six" fish caught on Sunday AM on the BL station.

Being a commited striper fisherman, think I'll have to try one more weekend!

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Mullica Bob how were the seas out there I was at Great Bay Marina doing some maintenace work. My rubrail has been giving me problems and there were whitecaps in the marina. I assume that you keep your boat in the river and have to drive through the same area of bay as me. That section of bay was not pretty.

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The water along the stretch of beach I was fishing averaged 59 degrees for the most part and the 57.9 was a low temp that I just happened to come across. The water near the LE was 64 when I came back in at about 2:30pm. I hope this doesn't make for a big delay for the fall season.

Vitalsigns I trailer my boat to Chestnut Neck and put in there. The seas were not that bad but the bay was a bit nasty coming back in, as usuall.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
I don't know what you have but I get my but kicked coming home in the afternoon. I have a 21 Century cc and it hates that angle of waves and I get soaked no matter how fast I go. I'm planning on a 23 parker sport cabin for next year.

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
19' American Skiff and it doesn't weigh much which means it gets tossed around pretty bad coming across the bay. I have just come to terms that on snotty days I don't plan on making any time coming back. Throw on the Grundens and take it slow.

The Parker is on my list as well but not my wifes.:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts