BASS BARN banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m on the surf of Strathmere at least once a week for years. There’s always a couple of the same people there right at the Sea Isle line. I never have much luck but I don’t expect much from flats like that area. I certainly don’t depend on dinner from the surf down there. The thing that blows my mind is how you set up your space and all the other people fishing respect your space. Then a bunch of people come up and swim or play right in front of my lines! Many times they get tangled up in my line. I had a woman tell me that I should be fishing somewhere else. Now I’ve been there since 6 or 7 am and there’s no doubt what I am doing. Throwing 3 or 4 ounce pointed weights with sharp hooks on fishing string into the water. They are the same people who let their little kids in the water alone as they sit on the beach and drink and fall to sleep. No life guards in that area either. I just stand there amazed that a six year old starts to float out on a rip current as the parents are drunk asleep. Finally, the area sort of cleared out when I pulled this in last year to return it to the sea.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts