BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Red_Cherokee said:
If any of you guys can get out today-tonight, I'd go for it. It's setting up to be real fishy.
Yesterday, saw 4 pods of bunker, one with blues chasing it.
Several cut offs on big blues....
Caught a Northern Stargazer on a gotcha lure.
Saw a guy with a 38" Striper.
No seaweed, light winds, moderate greenheads, cold water.

Russ

·
Banned
13,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nah, I gotta work. I have some family biz to attend to on Saturday and maybe Sunday. I think ihunt is heading down Sat. morning.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I'm leaving in a half hour, should be dunkin clam on the south end by 4:30. Guppie's report said there were bass there yesterday, hope it continues. I'll try and provide an update late tonight or tomorrow morning, don't expect to get home till after midnight and working in the morning. I just could'nt take all this NE wind talk anymore...gotta give it a try!

·
Banned
13,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BaitLobber said:
I'm leaving in a half hour, should be dunkin clam on the south end by 4:30. Guppie's report said there were bass there yesterday, hope it continues. I'll try and provide an update late tonight or tomorrow morning, don't expect to get home till after midnight and working in the morning. I just could'nt take all this NE wind talk anymore...gotta give it a try!
Let me know how you make out.

·
Banned
1,057 Posts
Red_Cherokee said:
If any of you guys can get out today-tonight, I'd go for it. It's setting up to be real fishy.
Wish I could...working everyday during the week suks.:mad:

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
A condition report tonight would be aces!
Betty & Nicks reporting pretty much unfishable now & try tomorrow.
Rough surf.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
:mad: If Beryl moved just a little faster, it would have happened....needed 6 or 8 more hours. Pulled onto the south end at 4:30 and it looked like a full blown winter storm. 8 footers, dirty water, suspended sand and very high water (the whole jetty was submerged with the usual camper parking area wet too.) Things calmed down to a fishable level at sunset on the outgoing. Green heads were horrible, despite the wind. Hopefully this is making you guys feel better;) . Here's the bad part...200-300 yards out, there is a 1/2 mile long stretch of bunker being shredded by big fish (probably that school of big blues that has been around.) Also, much bigger fish slamming the surface now and then (swear I saw my first thresher tail!) For 1 1/2 hours, bunker were jumping 3 ft out of the water, blues were splashing as far as you could see in both directions, birds on them, but they never came near the frothy, churned up mess that was within casting range. By the time it calmed down, they were gone. Tomorrow morning should be good, someone let us know so I can daydream at work.

·
Banned
13,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BaitLobber said:
:mad: If Beryl moved just a little faster, it would have happened....needed 6 or 8 more hours. Pulled onto the south end at 4:30 and it looked like a full blown winter storm. 8 footers, dirty water, suspended sand and very high water (the whole jetty was submerged with the usual camper parking area wet too.) Things calmed down to a fishable level at sunset on the outgoing. Green heads were horrible, despite the wind. Hopefully this is making you guys feel better;) . Here's the bad part...200-300 yards out, there is a 1/2 mile long stretch of bunker being shredded by big fish (probably that school of big blues that has been around.) Also, much bigger fish slamming the surface now and then (swear I saw my first thresher tail!) For 1 1/2 hours, bunker were jumping 3 ft out of the water, blues were splashing as far as you could see in both directions, birds on them, but they never came near the frothy, churned up mess that was within casting range. By the time it calmed down, they were gone. Tomorrow morning should be good, someone let us know so I can daydream at work.
Thanks for the report. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts