BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the croakers that you can ever want are waiting in the Punk Grounds area. It does not matter if you fish the upper part or the lower part,the bottom is paved with them. I went down to the pin top to start looking for Fluke and after drifting about 1 to 2 clicks from the pin top area inside of the channel,the croakers took over again.
Fluke fishing can be had at the 30/50 area[27230/42850] and north as the incoming tide push further up the bay. One dissappointing fact was that we did not get any weakfish mixed in with the croakers and we used a dozen sheeders trying to get them. We tried both on the hook and drifting and still got nothing but croakers. Any word if the weakfish have moved into the shallows like inside of one or off of Thompsons?Also ,plenty of small Blues which are one of my favorite fluke baits when fillet and cut into strips.
Did see some decent fluke come into the marina. They were caught below 14 on the Dark Side.:) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Thanks for the report. The heat must of been uncomfortable but I guess you did not feel a thing since you were catching fish.:D By the way, what is a croaker or better yet what is a weakfish.:D

·
Registered
455 Posts
Thanks for the report. Good information, even though I won't be able to use it until next Friday, at the earliest.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Fished the maul area from 1 -5pm.Stakes, produced crackers and small sharks,ran to the Maul and waited for the tide,did some one forget to pull the plug on the bay??Water temp 80 drift 0 knots wind none.HOT,you bet, jumped over and cleaned the boat.Finished the day with 3 FAT croakers and pleanty of snagged bunker.No flatties at all,power driftin should have been aplied.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts