BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit a jetty in SJ solo today. Weather was nice, winds were gentle and the fish were biting. Caught a bunch of short tog, and short seabass. Also had a flounder which was 1" short. The triggerfish were fierce. Had 4 of them go into the cooler- 3 of them were really nice sized ones. Back at it again tomorrow in a different location maybe oceanside.
Grey Road surface Marine biology Snout pear
Grey Fish Rock Seafood Artifact

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Gotta be one of the finest eating fish when it comes to both flavor and texture. Every couple years, we get a good showing of them up my way. And each time, I forget to use my electric knife until the 3rd or 4th butcher job with my filet knife. Got any tips?

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Watch "How to fillet (clean) trigger fish." on YouTube

This is the method I use-
Watch "How to Fillet Triggerfish! BEST Way" on YouTube

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hit a jetty in SJ solo today. Weather was nice, winds were gentle and the fish were biting. Caught a bunch of short tog, and short seabass. Also had a flounder which was 1" short. The triggerfish were fierce. Had 4 of them go into the cooler- 3 of them were really nice sized ones. Back at it again tomorrow in a different location maybe oceanside.
View attachment 462064 View attachment 462065
Great catch! Hope to fish there next week when we finished installation the suspension from 4 Wheelonline onto the truck. Can't wait

1 - 5 of 5 Posts