BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A group of us decided to get together for some party boat Fluking on Sunday out of Belmar on the Royal Miss Belmar.
The attendees were me, CSStriper, Brian Mullaney, Dante413, his son, Loosedrag, JPHooks, JP's girl and my dad.

We made it to the boat early to get a good spot and hopefully jig up some snappers for bait. We threw some chum and look what came to the slick.
:eek:

Well we picked up a few snappers and a few of those babies and headed towards the inlet.

There was zero drift all morning and of course the fish were not very aggressive. We ended up with 3 keepers in the box, a few shorts and some trash fish.
The highlight of the morning was when JP's girl hooked into a fish that would not give here any ground. JP tried to help her with it but she was having a tough time. We had no clue what it was as she was fighting it. JP ended up with the rod in his hands and played tug of war for a few minutes.....The fish suddenly surfaced at the front of the boat. It came up on its side just close enough for us to get a good look.

Mullaney: "Holy Sh$t...That's a Black Drum...."

Just as he finished his statemant the fish took off towards the bottom and snap went the line.
We estimate it between 50-60 pounds caught on a squid and sandeel combo.

AMAZING!

A few of us decided to stay for the afternoon trip. (TSS, CSS, Brian, Loose and my Pops). After jigging some snappers and buying some whole squid we set out again. As we cleared the inlet we felt the breeze..... Thank God.......now we are drifting :cool:

The Fluke really turned on in the afternoon and it became a whole squid- bucktailing bonanza.......We ended with 13 keepers and 30-40 TB's. Loose and I were in the running for the pool fish which I ended up winning by about 1/4 of a pound. Sorry Buddy!!

The best baits of the day were whole squid and Bucktails tipped with reel strips or sandeels.

Thanks all who came..........It was a great day with a great group of fisherman.

Total for the day......16 keepers, 2 nice sea bass, and laughs galore. :D

Sorry for the long post ;) :cool:

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Great Post and Fishing Report Tim,,

Sounded Like A Fantastic Day...

Thanks,,,

·
Registered
403 Posts
gj on that nice fluke, i think i saw u goin into the bait shop with that fish, also on your way back from the morning trip did you see a blue waverunner pass the boat, i saw the royal mis belmar and i think nighhawk was behind it, well neways the person on the blue waverunner was me????? i gootta join you guys on ur trip next time

·
Banned
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by lchan:
also how did you catch the snapper, i saw a group of them and wanted to catch some
Sabiki rigs caught the snappers and the cudas. You can also use real small kastmasters.

Sabiki Info.

We did see one guy fishing from the ski and I'm assuming that it was you. You were out front when we saw you.

[ 08-08-2005, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: TSStriper ]

·
Banned
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by mch:
Nice job Tim, sounds like staying for the 2nd trip was the right call.
It sure was a good call......Dante and JP didn't like the news of the second trip though :D LOL

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
originally posted by TSStripe:
Dante and JP didn't like the news of the second trip though LOL
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Yup, I should have listened to my son...

Despite the decision to forego the second trip it was still a fun day and also nice to meet Brian and Mike. BTW- who spilled the bait bucket? Not once, but twice???? :D

·
Banned
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by dante413:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />
originally posted by TSStripe:
Dante and JP didn't like the news of the second trip though LOL
:mad: :mad: :mad:

BTW- who spilled the bait bucket? Not once, but twice???? :D
</font>[/QUOTE]If you don't smell like the bait........
You can't catch the fish!!!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
403 Posts
hey if you guys go out next sunday tell me, if i can ill prob go on the afternon trip if u guys go out cause it seems like less people on the boat

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
Im tired today but I am so relaxed from a great weekend!

No more bait rigs for me unless the water depth or current prohibits BUCKTAILS

Congrats Tim on the pool winna!

·
Registered
540 Posts
It sure was a good call......Dante and JP didn't like the news of the second trip though LOL

All in all we still had a great time, would have loved to land that big arse drum, but maybe next time. Loose and Brian, it was nice to catch up again and do some fishing; always a pleasure. I'm sure we'll all get together sometime soon.

·
Registered
540 Posts
PAWayne, We actually caught three of them on a sabiki rig, as well as a few small snappers. Those little SOB's (cudas) got some sharp teeth eventhough they're that small. None of us could believe it either.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts