BASS BARN banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was disappointed that January's open trip to Socorro Island on the maximus was cancelled because the Maximus didn't get enough fishermen. I thought the trip notice was too short.
It is hassle free if I join the open trip, but there is no guarantee the trip is on.
So I decided to charter the Maximus for 8 days trip out of Puerto Vallarta even I have a responsibility to pay in full regardless how many fishermen I get.
Fortunately the trip is almost full even before I post it.

I made many memorable fishing trips in my life, but I have an expectation that this trip can be a life time experience. Hot action with 100 - 200 lbs yft, hot jigging action with 40 - 50 lbs wahoo and hot jigging action with 30 - 60 lb grouper for 5 days. What can you expect more ?

--------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
31,504 Posts
fishing is such a great hobby,I,we send in all sorts of reports and we talk of fish we have caught , lately for me slinging ling off the coast off jersey ,and I am envious of your adventures ,but in the end we all end the reports of the fun and relaxation of being out in the water, not only hunting a prey ,but hunting our youth,and that memory of our first hook up

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fishing is such a great hobby,I,we send in all sorts of reports and we talk of fish we have caught , lately for me slinging ling off the coast off jersey ,and I am envious of your adventures ,but in the end we all end the reports of the fun and relaxation of being out in the water, not only hunting a prey ,but hunting our youth,and that memory of our first hook up
I agree with you. Though I like to explore unknown destinations, I have the same enjoyment and fun for targeting other species locally.
Fishing is like food. You can not eat steak everyday even you love steak.
I have the same excitement to pursuit monster fluke off Nantucket Island this year where we found virgin fluke territories last year as visiting overseas' destinations.

--------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
itinerary of the trip

-Leaving from Paradise Village Resort in Puerto Vallarta on April 14
-Fishing 5 full days in Socorro/San Benedicto.
-Arriving at Puerto Vallarta on April 22.

It takes about 36 hours from PV to Socorro.
We are going to fish Socorro Island mostly where there are tons of tuna, wahoo and big grouper, but we also can fish San Benedicto or Roca Partida depending on fishing situations.
It is recommended everyone on the trip should be in PV by April 13.
I highly recommend to stay at Paradise Village Resort as it is very close to the boat and the resort is one of the best in PV.
All fishermen on the Maximus has to have individual permits to fish those Islands and should present their personal info required by March 15, 2012 to Capt Keith of the Maximus. The trip is almost full at this moment.

--------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let's hope the generator doesn't fail like last trip, Socorro is way out.
Basil,
Anything can happen on the water.
Do you remember the Intrepid couldn't sail when we departed 16 days trip on the Excel in Dec 2010 because of engine problem ?
I wanted to get dates earlier than April, but the Maximus are solidly booked until April. I checked Sorroco trips by other boats in April in the past and found weather is pretty calm.

----------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com

·
Registered
454 Posts

Yes, anything can happen. But Maximus cannot deal with problems that far offshore, other boats can. They have no parts or personel to fix the problem, they come back to shore and send passengers on a panga to make up. Oh, didnt you hear about problems last trip?

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Yes, anything can happen. But Maximus cannot deal with problems that far offshore, other boats can. They have no parts or personel to fix the problem, they come back to shore and send passengers on a panga to make up. Oh, didnt you hear about problems last trip?
Thanks Basil for your concern.
They have trips to Socorro before our trip. I'll watch carefully.

----------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com

·
Registered
454 Posts
Let me tell you something else, these guys got hauled into prison island, corralled by Mexican navy while I was aboard. Their "permits" were worthless. Today, someone called me for recommendation on Maximus charter trip, I could not give a positive recommendation. I would not go to Socorro on this boat, this is my recommendation, not safe this far offshore in a foreign country. For the money, go with a San Diego boat and have a safe trip.

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Let me tell you something else, these guys got hauled into prison island, corralled by Mexican navy while I was aboard. Their "permits" were worthless. Today, someone called me for recommendation on Maximus charter trip, I could not give a positive recommendation. I would not go to Socorro on this boat, this is my recommendation, not safe this far offshore in a foreign country. For the money, go with a San Diego boat and have a safe trip.
Basil has good points. Nothing is like fishing on the long range boats out of San Diego. However, those luxurious boats exist only out of San Diego. I traveled many different parts of the world where the 65' Maxmus is regarded as a safe and luxurious boat. Basil and other group from the East Coast had very bad experience on the boat last year. I went on 4 days trip on the boat for fact finding trip and I don't see any issue. Maybe they learned lessons after Basil's trip.
I'd like to hear positive and negative comments on the boat so that fishermen knows everything before they fish on the boat. There are several trips after my trips and I didn't hear any negative reports yet.

------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'm giving you a negative report. OK? So negative, if I never go fishing again in Mexico I would not care, as long as it is not on Maximus. Is this clear now?

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I'm giving you a negative report. OK? So negative, if I never go fishing again in Mexico I would not care, as long as it is not on Maximus. Is this clear now?
That is OK. As I said, I'd like to hear positive and negative.
But I am wondering why our opinions so differ even we fished on the same boat because the Maximus becomes my first choice in PV. I fished PV 6 - 7 times in the past.

---------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts