BASS BARN banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I clearly did not make enough 8oz bucktails to satisfy demand. Just this week I learned that a very good customer and friend, Capt Flattie, is moving his boat from W/W to Belmar to fish the Red Church and Rocks :D:D:D that alone is another 500 bucktails easy!

On a serious note, I am really almost sold out and I would honestly prefer they go to guys on this forum than people I have no firm connection to. Its a LONG and LABOR intensive process to make these bucktails. It starts with begging and pleading to get the 8/0 hooks from VMC, then the casting, painting, epoxy, dressing with Glow Skirts.

It takes longer than you might imagine and while I did just order another 2,000 8/0 Jig head hooks, it might be two to three months until more bucktails are complete.

I have about 200 pcs left (Pearl White Glow, Olive Glow, Green Glow and very few Pink/White Glow 8oz. They are $7.49 each.

Here is the link:

http://shop.cmtackle.com/products/CM-Bucktail-Head-8oz-Pearl-White.html

We have very good stock of the 5oz and starting to get low on the 3 oz. If there are other sizes you fish, please shoot me an email, as I am wondering what other sizes to make next.

·
Registered
971 Posts
These are great looking bucktails! Definately need to stock up for Spring!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Making another 2,000 bucktails? You need some pix dude for your website :D
Nice stuff.
Yes I know. I did take your advice and have been photographing more and more things out of the packages (like the squids) It does look better that way.

How are things ?

Dan

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Yes I know. I did take your advice and have been photographing more and more things out of the packages (like the squids) It does look better that way.

How are things ?

Dan
Glad its working better for ya. Things are good. if I can help, let me know. I have a complete studio setup to do this stuff now and I a working on something else that will make the stuff look really slick.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
These bucktails are awesome going to your site now and grab some before you run out, What flea market are you guys talking about this weekend?
Just ordered some 5oz. and 8 oz along with the split ring pliers. Those bucktails are the real deal, I actually save them mainly for the tourneys, I don't lend out the 8ouncers to all the guys on our boat, Only My Dad or myself are alowed to loose them. thanks, Dan

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These bucktails are awesome going to your site now and grab some before you run out, What flea market are you guys talking about this weekend?
Thanks Ron, we did very well on them last year....

Rartain Bay Anglers 8th Annual Flea Market on Saturday

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do they come with the squid just uninstalled or do you have to buy that separate?
Nope they are 100% rigged ready to go this year. I've rigged alot of stock with Std Glow White Skirts but I do have some plain that I plan on custom rigging later this season. Green on Green, Pink on Pink, etc.

Hard to beat the good old White Glow its been a proven producer last 2 seasons.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Your very welcome, thus bucktails are awesome and a great doormat producer.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are you going to stop by the Flea market ? Peter is reportedly going to come by late morning if he can carpool with someone.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
We worked at Berlin Flea Market all weekend as ussual, I thought I might be able to get free if we got some bad weather but it held off so we worked both days. Great weekend and we sold alot of fishing gear, especially today.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts