BASS BARN banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to get shedders to fish Ocean side but everyone along the way didn't have shedders so I made alternate plans to take the boat out and fish Fortescue creek. Picked up 10 dead shedders and bangin' crab spice from jenkins (they told me they were dead and I said, I'll take them anyway) Picked up 1.5 dozen bloodworms and a pint of frozen surf clams from Higbees. The wind was honking and the tide was ripping- full moon and post tropical depression. My game plan was to fish the creek for perch and whatever else bites. Anchored up around the state ramp area and waited a bit and then eventually we started catching schoolie stripers. We had a nice big spot come over the rails, some perch with 3 being keeper sized, small puppy drum, and my buddy hooked into a nice cow nosed ray which gave him a nice fight and numerous schoolie rat stripers. Blue skies, not too hot, maybe 4 or 5 bitting flies all day and a bunch of laughs, fun relaxing day on the water. The stripers were getting bigger and bigger then the bite just shut down completely. The current was ripping so hard, 3 and 4oz sinkers were barely holding in the channel. If weather cooperates, taking my niece and youngest son out next Sunday. The fish chewed on all 3 varieties of bait, dead shedder seemed to be the preferred bait.
Water Sky Glove Lake Fisherman

Water Vertebrate Sky Outdoor recreation Fisherman

1 - 2 of 2 Posts