BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got on the water around 1:30 pm Saturday at the start of the outgoing and scanned around for marks on the fishfinder. Not much going on, but was able to stumble into a 32" , 22" , and 18" striped bass after a few hours of searching. All bass were caught on pink bass assassin and pink zoom fluke. The weather was perfect and the water temp was 75, so it was a perfect day to be out on the water regardless of the catch. Either going to try for stripers again or dropping crabs on structure next week if the weather permits.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I was out 9/25 from 9:30-1:30 behind Absecon Island. Had 2 stripers to 31, a ton of bluefish, 2 keeper flounder. All on bucktail tipped with either otter tail or twister tail. I was surrounded by peanut bunker most of the day but almost all hits came when I got away from the peanut bunker schools. I thought that odd. Great day to be in the water.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was out 9/25 from 9:30-1:30 behind Absecon Island. Had 2 stripers to 31, a ton of bluefish, 2 keeper flounder. All on bucktail tipped with either otter tail or twister tail. I was surrounded by peanut bunker most of the day but almost all hits came when I got away from the peanut bunker schools. I thought that odd. Great day to be in the water.
That's a pretty good mix! I forgot to mention there was also a ton of peanut bunker around me as well (Somers Point area) so I whipped out the cast net and grabbed a few. Very surprisingly not a touch on the live bunker at all.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took to the boat for what could be the last trip of the year on Sunday 11/21. Started at the top of the incoming with no bites then waited patiently for the outgoing. Once the tide started moving, got a run off a few yards from the sod banks and landed a 28". Reset and drifted the same spot a few more times, then picked up a feisty 27". Conditions were dead calm, and water was 49 degrees. Headed in to watch the Eagles game right after noon. I'll be out hunting next weekend, so best of luck to everyone still out fishing!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Took to the boat for what could be the last trip of the year on Sunday 11/21. Started at the top of the incoming with no bites then waited patiently for the outgoing. Once the tide started moving, got a run off a few yards from the sod banks and landed a 28". Reset and drifted the same spot a few more times, then picked up a feisty 27". Conditions were dead calm, and water was 49 degrees. Headed in to watch the Eagles game right after noon. I'll be out hunting next weekend, so best of luck to everyone still out fishing!
Nice report, I didn't know Paul Rudd likes fishing... :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
79,588 Posts
Look up Dan Shaffer for a sheepshead trip

Reactions: familyguy6007
1 - 11 of 11 Posts