BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys know anything about Force outboards. I think is around 1995 or newer. It's a 9.9 that I can get started but then I have to keep squezzing the ball to keep it running, but after awhile it shuts down and I can't get it started again until the next day. I just took it to a guy to have it serviced and he said the carb was dirty and he cleaned and adjusted it and that the new fuel had it acting up. I took it out in Cape May Harbor and had to be towed in. I could take it back there, but, what's to say it will get any better?? Soooooo, if any of you guys know anything about this engine, I'd sure like to hear about it, thanks for any help, Leon:confused:

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
If you just had work done take it back.

Fuel pump would be something to look at. Does the motor have spark once it dies and can't be restarted till the next day? It could have been more then one thing giving you problems. Electrical componet dropping out once warmed up.

Motor needs fuel, compression, timed spark, and air to run.

·
Registered
32,437 Posts
The main problem is that it's a Force :D Actually, I had this problem with my lawnmower and I fixed it by bleeding the fuel line. I think it's not getting enough fuel to run except for at idle. That's just a guess but it's worth a try.

Dumb question - the fuel line's not on backwards, right? Not trying to be a smart-azz but this happened to us once on a rental boat in Canada. Same symtoms. We reversed the fuel line and everything was fine.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I assume you are running it off a portable tank. Are you venting the tank? If no air is getting into the tank, it will not feed fuel to the motor.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
FP5, Check the vent on the tank cap / borrow a hose line to see if you have a clogged line or mushy bulb.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I bought a new tank with fresh fuel, the mechanic put on a new fitting at the motor, the only thing I used that was used was the hose and the ball, guess I'll have to give that a try, thanks again, really appreciated, Leon:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts