BASS BARN banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new Yamaha 9.9 high thrust kicker motor never used. Only ran this motor for about 2 minutes at the dealer. I just bought a 2300 Maycraft center console with a 225 Yamaha 4 Stroke and had this kicker motor added as a back up as well as a trolling motor. When I launched the boat I realized it couldn't take the extra weight on the transom. The dealer refused to do anything about it so I'm stuck with the choice of legal action or just cut my losses and sell the kicker. It's Yamaha's top of the line "high thrust" like are used to push heavier sail boats so it will push just about any smaller boat well. I paid $2399 and that was a better price than I had seen anywhere. It still has 34 of the 36 months left on the warranty. It has a 25 inch shaft with a tiller arm(with throttle and shift control) but no extension arm. It is also an electric start motor. I'll consider any reasonable offer. If interested send me an E-Mail to [email protected] or call me at 610-857-2104 or cell 610-513-8239

· Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep it's mine. He's putting on trim tabs and moving my batteries forward to shift some weight. That 225 is just too much weight for the boat. I just put it back in yesterday and it's much better but I still can't use the 9.9 kicker and thats why I'm selling it. Never even been used.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.