BASS BARN banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out the IGFA report in Feb's Sport Fishing mag...
Maureen Klause caught a 108in Striped Bass in the De.Bay New Jersey side on a bunker head it's a pending world record in the length category:eek:

Some how I think thats a mis-print by a couple inch's:)

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
I read that in the magazine too ! The picture in the article shows its not that big. I'm sure it will be corrected next issue.

·
Registered
822 Posts
It's true! I saw it. 9 feet long and weighed 270 lbs. Stomach contents were 3 king crabs and a 40 lb BFT. Honest! Unfortunately a raccoon ate it.

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
Mo can drive you out of your mind trying to catch world records all the time... you are trying to fill the boat with seabass, she is breaking out the 2# test mono!....but she sure does get the job done!

She is fishing with Capt. Ricky Wheeler... maybe one of the best young Capts on the Jersey shore. Many more records to come...

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Mo can drive you out of your mind trying to catch world records all the time... you are trying to fill the boat with seabass, she is breaking out the 2# test mono!....but she sure does get the job done!

She is fishing with Capt. Ricky Wheeler... maybe one of the best young Capts on the Jersey shore. Many more records to come...
Fished with Mo 2 years ago, she was trying to catch a world record drum on 4 lb test line. We hooked up twice...first one popped after an hour, second popped after hour and a half. Went on the ball both times. I chased, she reeled. We almost got to the leader quite a few times but not quite. I heard that she did get it though on 4 lb:huh:

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
I've had numerous girls on my boat (Not all at once) catch a lot bigger fish than 42"...

Has to be a line test record....
Nope don't think so....

Angler Maureen Klause of Ocean City, NJ, USA landed a striped bass (Morone saxatilis) while fishing the Delaware Bay, NJ, USA with Capt. Ricky Wheeler on Dec. 4, 2011. Klause was fishing the bottom with a bunker (menhaden) head when the 108 cm striper hit. After a 12 minute fight, Klause and Capt. Ricky boated the potential All-Tackle Length record fish for the necessary photos and measurements before releasing it alive. The current IGFA record is 89 cm.

As posted above,
Here check it out for yourself http://www.igfa.org/Gallery/Image.as...2ff2&dept=News

·
Registered
684 Posts
My exgirlfriend caught a 45" on Halloween of this last year at the Hook. If she knew it was a world record and I didnt have it oficially weighed/measured in she would kill me in my sleep.... She may want to do that anyway.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Nope don't think so....

Angler Maureen Klause of Ocean City, NJ, USA landed a striped bass (Morone saxatilis) while fishing the Delaware Bay, NJ, USA with Capt. Ricky Wheeler on Dec. 4, 2011. Klause was fishing the bottom with a bunker (menhaden) head when the 108 cm striper hit. After a 12 minute fight, Klause and Capt. Ricky boated the potential All-Tackle Length record fish for the necessary photos and measurements before releasing it alive. The current IGFA record is 89 cm.

As posted above,
Here check it out for yourself http://www.igfa.org/Gallery/Image.as...2ff2&dept=News

RIGHT... so what would make it a record?? Prolly something with "ALL TACKLE LENTH"...the only thing I know is that she is all about line test. this All Tackle Lenth thing is probably a catagory , certain tackle with certain test line.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The length cateorgy just started last year,her fish won't last long at 42.5in's,with all the paper chaser's out there...The IGFA is ridiculous with all the different records...

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I dont know who this Maureen Klause girl is, but I just got an iphone. Downloaded the IGFA Lite free app and she is in there four (4) times, thought to myself "I know that name from somewhere..." ALL fish dated 11/07/2011 to 12/04/2011. Fish from 38.189" to 45.5197".

I mean that is cool and all, but what the heck is the story here?? What is the actual length record? Age? Line class? How quick you can submit in succession?

RyanF

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.