BASS BARN banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well when I went to the AC show the her guys were there! And man do these guys come up with new stuff every year and better yet they produce!!!!

Well a box that weighed close to 65# showed up today. When I first said give me 2 of each option I was sort of joking. But man do I now have some new stuff to drag through the water!!!

Each year I experiment with something. Last year I wasted my money of the Gorilla bars, a total waste! And the year before that was the Mojo rigs and what my buddy phil calls the dork lure. They have worked with mild success.

But in the end, it is a three way tie for space in our tackle center this year!

1. Maja #4
2. 9er rigs
3. Old faithful Stretch 25

What are you trying this year...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Got this from them at the AC show. It was too pretty to pass up.

Picked up these also. Hoping for more Sand Eels this Fall...........

And these were too pretty to walk away from as well.

·
Banned
12,837 Posts
I bought some of the Alabama rigs for salt, 3 arm ones with weighted lead head. I'll try them for fluke inshore on sand only, hopefully not to lose to many.

Going to get more into the vertical jig for stripers and blues to start.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Now those are some sexy jigs!!!:thumbsup: i will be searching the net for some of those!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I still like my Stretches, Bomber cd's and Rapala X-mags along with the Maja's in the spring.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Striped Bass Rigs

Standard surge tube rigs, surge tubes , & floaters on ld & wire.
Primarily BS's on wire when not bit fishing!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I'll be getting a 9'er rig or two and a #4 bunker spoon to go with the #2's I own and the new wire rig I finally bought. Maybe I'll get interrupted by the drag ripping like Mr. Chompers always does for once.

Fred

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
IMHO nothing catches volumes of bass like the 9ers. Joey my man you have a SERIOUS issue with buying rigs. How many lines can you fish at one time? I will admit they are nice to look at.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I like those 9'ers rigs alot.

I just picked up a set of Maja Bunker Spoon rods and a bunch of #2 and #4 spoons. I cannot wait to run them this spring. I was dissappointed to see every package said "Made in China" on it though. Anyhow those are the new rigs I plan on using this year. I have never trolled bunker spoons in the past. After hearing alot of talk over the years about how effective they are on big bass I had to make the purchase.

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
IMHO nothing catches volumes of bass like the 9ers. Joey my man you have a SERIOUS issue with buying rigs. How many lines can you fish at one time? I will admit they are nice to look at.
If I'm by myself I'll fish one umbrella type rig and a Stretch 25 or two. If I'm not alone I'll troll an umbrella, 2 Stretches and a wild card till we focus in on what is working best.

It is a serious addiction. They're so pretty though. I wonder if this is how women feel about shoes. :D

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
What 9'ers have you guys had success with? Six arm? Eight arm? Color? What about the yellow eyed devils - they seem like they'd have a field day with the rigs. Do the tubes work just as well for when the blues move in?

Fred

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
I have never used the 9er rigs before. I went to the show looking to buy some bare rigs (just the metal frame), but these were so pretty I couldn't walk away.

I'll find out if the bass like them in another month, but how could they not?

I've always had success with Stretch 25's and basic Christmas Trees, but if I'm going to start trolling more, I figured I might as well invest in some better terminal gear.

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
I refer to my 9'er shad body umbrella as my " secret weapon" for putting Stripers in the box.

I troll it with wire line, usually deep - around 50' - 70' water.

I put fish in the box with this rig. Then I'll sometimes switch to something easier and lighter.

It's proven to make the difference between skunked and fish many times, when fishing is slow and the crowd is catching nothing around me.

It's work, but worth it. Set out just right, troll at 2.5-3mph, find fish on the finder and watch the rod- boom. Fish on. Sometimes when nothing shows on the screen too.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
9er Rig and a Stretch.....

This is a very interesting idea and super creative. Thanks for posting this!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts