BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talked to a buddy that goes to the show with me every year and he told me not to bother this year. He went on thurs. and said the show was even smaller than last year! I went last year and was very disappointed at the representation of the New Jersey Sport fishing boat builders, but I know it's up to the Dealers to display these boats. It's a sad state this economy is in and it does not seem to be getting any better. I normally like paying too much for a beer that's not even my brand or cruising the tables for spicy beef jerky, or purple jewelry cleaner, or even assorted Chowders and soups but isn't it supposed to be A BOAT SHOW????

·
Registered
210 Posts
Decent show. A few offshore booths for tackle, CR etc.... Canyon Reels has a nice table with some great deals

Boats......$200,000.00+ center consoles - $300-$500,000 Pursuits...

Henrique's had a beautiful 30' on display, to me, probably the nicest boat there...for the price ( which of course was way outta my league )

Nice Steigercraft display

Nick-nack beef jerky tables, as expected.....

2 cheeseburgers with drinks $33.75

Something to do in February.

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
I haven't gone in 2 years... Bc the last show I went to was lack luster... This year it seemed better than when I went last...I bought 2 boomerang stand ups and priced a radar... But walked around a good amount...

I live 40 minutes away so maybe it makes more sense for me

Gone are the 70' Vikings and albemarles etc etc but still fun to be surrounded by a lot if $ in new fiberglass

·
Registered
262 Posts
25 % bigger than last year. More boats and more vendors.
It was busy in my isle # 500 yesterday. There are plenty of tackle, gear, and system vendors. There are some good deals to be had.

The Henriques is lookin good

If you want to drink there and walk it will cost you$$ Stop in the Tunn and then enjoy the show.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Definitely bigger than last year. I thought it was a good show. Cold drink, walking around on some boats I could never afford but love to look at. Steiger had some really nice boats on display. Lots of skiffs nicely priced. Reg had a few nice boats there also, Grady had some boats. Lots of higher end CC's I thought. The vendor display in the back was better than last year. Tons of tackle, electronics, etc. some barn sponsors, etc. Tun Tavern after is always a good stop to end the night. Lookin forward to next year already. :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
I was at the show friday and it was bigger that the past 2 years.. Its worth going. The past 2 years were not that good and we thought this was much better show than in the past.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After reading these replies I guess I should have went! I guess I'll wait till next year and hope for a good show. I've been going for a lot of years, back to the old Convention center, and can remember alot of large boats. Many dealers brought large battle wagons including 50 footers by Post, Egg Harbor, large Vikings,Henriques,Cabo's, Bertrams etc. I guess those days are long gone. It's not like I'm in the market for one of these big sporty's, more like the only chance to see these rides from the inside! I'll give it a go next year and hope there is something bigger than a 30 Henrique to see.I remember this was a power boat show and last year there were blow boats on display! Must have been desperate for some vendors.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Went Friday afternoon, great show with some really nice boats but the prices are enough to choke you. Lots of vendors with reasonably good prices. One table to look out for what the fella with the German glue. That was one nasty individual just did not know hot to even talk with likely customers. What a rectum!!!!!!!
:fighting:

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I think the reason the big boats aren't there is due to a logistical problem, getting them there! They used to pull them at Wescoats at the end of NJ Ave. and then transport them to the hall. Had to move traffic lights and wires out of the way to do it. Wescoat's is out of business (condos) so there is no place to pull the big boats out of the water.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
AC Show

I went thursday, wasnt bad I was amazed at how many vendors came up from Fla to sell big $$ odds and ends. I was looking at replacing some under gunnel lights, I looked at one very popular light company and was shocked, $195 each for a single LED 3 1/2" round white lite...guess I will have to stay with the bulbs that are there. Some nice tackle displays, rod/reel combos, was surprised to see the big sailboats on display 44' Beneteau, Hunter and a few others, nice boats for the sailors out there, the big dollar center consoles were there I guess to replace all the 28-38' Carolinas, Albes, Oceans and Vikes they used to sell. I would like to know how many of them big cc's are actually selling. I wish them luck but WOW!
All in all got some exercise and info from a few suppliers. I think its still worth the $12.

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
wasnt a bad show at all... would have liked to have seen more big names to check out some toys like penn, shimano and so on.. didnt see any of that.. walked around for about 3 hours... loved looking at the CC's they had there.. loved the yellowfin and jupiter sj had there... the 28 parker cc was a real nice looking fishing boat... what was wierd to me was the 34 reg cc.. the way the seating was... was more of a pleasure boat and not a fishing boat to me.. was hoping they had a reg express there but they didnt....

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
I been doing this show from the beginning, it is 20-25 percent larger this year,than the last 2,,, Its been a great show for me , sales are up for us this year, Like stated before its a nice day out and a wider range of products in the booth area, check out the nautical display I set up to the right when you enter you can take a photo of yourself with the Mahi hanging from the scale..I have my regular 2 booths selling nautical decor -gifts booth 342 so stop by,,,Sunday its 10-5

Joe R.
20ft Classic SeaCraft
Susie II

·
Registered
7,031 Posts
I enjoyed it. We looked at some boats, electronics, a few seminars, a beer, and some eye candy.:)

A good day worth the time and money.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
271 Posts
I had a great time taking the family down to the show on Friday. Made out very well down the aisles this year. Picked up the new Canyon Reels spinner, some tackle from the Canyon Runner, and a Simrad A/P. The new Henriques 30 Express looks awesome too! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
well worth the trip

Made the trip down from pa and was well worth the trip. Best part of the show for me was the fishing seminars hosted by RFA, had the chance to talk strategies with Gary caputi on livelining bunker during spring run and Terry Sullivan on how to use your electronics to catch more fish with lowrance side scan and down scan, stopped by lowrance booth and terry answered all of our questions. Capt Steve bent did a great job on using electronics ie raymarine to catch more fish. Top it off I won yr sea tow membership and home port chart. Thanks to RFA for bringing back the fishing seminars!!!!!!!!! Met up with some fishing buds and talked boats, fishing and grabbed a burger and couple of beers, great day for me!!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice boat show

Well it was a nice boat show, lot's of fun. Was looking at new boats but with so many used boats up for sale these days?? I like the Salty Dog magazine for free.

Have fun at the show, you will love it!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
619 Posts
I was there Friday, a definite improvement from last year but far from years past and most importantly I enjoyed the show. Some years I enjoy it more than others. I agree with the others, it seems the "show boat special pricing" is way overpriced. I was seriously considering a new boat of equal size and style such as the Persuit OS 315 but I can not justfy spending that amount of money. Especially since my boat is better equipped and only 4 years old.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts