BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
haha thats a funny reaction to a fish. prob i had the same response. Were u fishing lake Walumlumpack?(sp?) we hunt up near there if u do. nice area

·
Registered
32,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This was Sullivan County (NE of Wilkes Barre). The lake is on top of Red Rock Mountain near Ricketts Glen State Park. Our hunting camp is up there. As you can see by the water in the background, it was not a small craft advisory.

·
Registered
32,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, a little early for mahi up there. I couldn't find a good weedline either. Funny thing is, I was smoking a big slab of mahi while that fish was caught. The mahi came from N 26 degrees, though. A little south of where we were fishing this weekend.

·
Registered
16,356 Posts
Scott

I know that area very well, family owns some 1500 acres there off Rte. 118 a couple miles west of 487. Bear Fuel Service is on the left, the whole side of the mountain to the right (North Mountain) is there property. Love it up there and the hunting is great!

·
Registered
32,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow. Small world. We know someone who ones property in that same area. A guy by the name of Miles Little. Just between you and me, there's a 10 point with a 24" spread on top of that mountain that would make B&C with at least a foot to spare. Nobody got him last year (that I'm aware of).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts