BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went with the C J McGees of Springfield Delaware County charter on the URSLUA out of Sea Isle on Wednesday morning. Left the dock at 7:15, and were setup and fishing by 8:AM There were 12 Adults, and three teenagers on board, and the weather was clear, and HOT. By 9AM we had Crokers, and small Weaks as the dominet catch, with a throwback ratio of about 8 to 1. But the ones we kept were a meal in itself.

All fish were carefully measured if they were close, and even legal were returned if too small.

We made several moves, and found several structures holding Sea Bass, and LARGE Crokers, and all Hell broke loose.

All in all we ended up catching, Trigger Fish, Sea Bass, Croakers, King Fish, Small Blues, Weakies, Sea Robins, several small sharks, and a beatufull Blow Fish.

With all the weather problems we have been having this past month, today was a wonderfull day on the Sea, Hot, Humid, Bright Sunshine, and good friends, as well as a great Captain, and Mate. And the Beer was Cold also. ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Nice report. How do you like to eat the Croakers?? I think we have fished together.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dr. Bass

We filited them, thinking of how we will cook them up for Friday, along with the Sea Bass. Don't recall ever having met you, but maybe under a real name, not a Bassbarn handle.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I've seen some gals that were beautiful but never a blowfish (?). What was the liquid of choice for lunch?

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Do eels and TI ring a bell?? At least I think that was you. Enjoy them you won't see me this Fall, heading South

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
try the fry daddy on them there croakers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts