BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I was not feeling well this weekend I decided to read "On the Run" by David DiBenedetto. He chronicled his experience following the 2001 fall run from Maine thru North Carolina. A very good read, especially the differences in Striper fishing from region to region. It would be a good winter read. As for me I'm ready for next Sunday. I think it'll be my last trip until next spring, but looking at the reports from Iggy up north I may stick it out a little longer. ;)

[ 12-13-2005, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: Fishenough ]

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Hey Fish,

I also read "On The Run", Good Book but I'm more of a tactical reader, I need all the help I can get.
Other good reads for the winter:
*****Saltwater Fishing A Tactical Approach
By Freda, Quigley & Caris (two thumbs up)

****Surf & Jetty Fishing & The Striped Bass Book
By Milt Rosko

***Fishing the NJ Coast By Jim Freda (This book gives good locations for areas all up the coast with directions)

***Striped Bass Fishing & Saltwater Fishing Tactics, By Satlwater Sportsman

*****Cutting Edge Saltwater Fishing Tactics
By George Poeromo's

Just purchased, FLUKE The Anglers Guide By Bob Sampson (Not read yet). Any suggestions on other books would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lami,
A friend of mine highly recommended "The Complete Book of Striped Bass Fishing" by Nick Karas. I just started reading "Striper Wars", which is not a tactical book, but gives a great history of the battle to save stripers in the 80's.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by eelsnot:
"The Moon Pulled Up An Acre Of Bass" by Peter Kaminsky is also very good. Its the story of the
author spending a month in the fall fishing the
Montauk surf.
That is one I never heard of. That will be a winter read. Thanks eelsnot

[ 12-16-2005, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: Fishenough ]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.