BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I was not feeling well this weekend I decided to read "On the Run" by David DiBenedetto. He chronicled his experience following the 2001 fall run from Maine thru North Carolina. A very good read, especially the differences in Striper fishing from region to region. It would be a good winter read. As for me I'm ready for next Sunday. I think it'll be my last trip until next spring, but looking at the reports from Iggy up north I may stick it out a little longer. ;)

[ 12-13-2005, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: Fishenough ]

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Hey Fish,

I also read "On The Run", Good Book but I'm more of a tactical reader, I need all the help I can get.
Other good reads for the winter:
*****Saltwater Fishing A Tactical Approach
By Freda, Quigley & Caris (two thumbs up)

****Surf & Jetty Fishing & The Striped Bass Book
By Milt Rosko

***Fishing the NJ Coast By Jim Freda (This book gives good locations for areas all up the coast with directions)

***Striped Bass Fishing & Saltwater Fishing Tactics, By Satlwater Sportsman

*****Cutting Edge Saltwater Fishing Tactics
By George Poeromo's

Just purchased, FLUKE The Anglers Guide By Bob Sampson (Not read yet). Any suggestions on other books would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lami,
A friend of mine highly recommended "The Complete Book of Striped Bass Fishing" by Nick Karas. I just started reading "Striper Wars", which is not a tactical book, but gives a great history of the battle to save stripers in the 80's.

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
Striper Wars - everyone should read

Saltwater Fishing A Tactical Approach
By Jim Freda, Gene Quigley & Shell E. Caris

TSS - Billy the Greek is on my Xmas list

·
Banned
2,856 Posts
Originally posted by Brian E. Mullaney:
Striper Wars - everyone should read

TSS - Billy the Greek is on my Xmas list
Brian, you'll love Night Tides and I agree that STRIPER WARS should be read by all who fish for the Striped Bass.

Eastern Tides - A Surfcasters Life is also a good one!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Fishenough
I also read "One The Run" over the summer and it was entertaining with some offbeat humor mixed in.
Not a bad book at all.
Steve

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Striper Wars. This book may change the way you think about fishing for stripers. The political rhetoric in this book can be overwelming at times, but it shows us how important the political process can be...

·
Registered
15,726 Posts
Good "fish" books I have read:

On the Run
Trophy Striper
Striper Surf
The Hungry Ocean
Perfect Storm
Working on the Edge
Lobster Chronicles
Fishing the New Jersey Coast

·
Registered
378 Posts
I read "On The Run" twice in the last six months,just got "striper wars" and "hatteras blues" yesterday.I'm gonna have to use some suggestions from above also.It's a long winter.

·
Registered
27 Posts
"The Moon Pulled Up An Acre Of Bass" by Peter Kaminsky is also very good. Its the story of the
author spending a month in the fall fishing the
Montauk surf.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by eelsnot:
"The Moon Pulled Up An Acre Of Bass" by Peter Kaminsky is also very good. Its the story of the
author spending a month in the fall fishing the
Montauk surf.
That is one I never heard of. That will be a winter read. Thanks eelsnot

[ 12-16-2005, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: Fishenough ]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts